Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Mr Teddy's

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:15 PM

I don't know if this is local or nationwide but I went their tonight to get a gift certificate for my aunt. While we were there we decided to ask if they had any gluten free products..he told us no..then he said wait hold on I'll check. So he goes to get something out of the fridge and brings it back and is looking at the ingredients and said what is the ingredient again...I was like forget it. I couldn't believe that they were not familiar with it and just thought it would be under the ingredients as gluten :lol: . I think I will be calling them and giving them a suggestion soon.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:47 PM

That is actually a pretty common reaction. I know personally I wouldn't have known what gluten was before I got my diagnosis. I would have been the person asking "now what was it again". At least they were polite enough to check.Help them out and explain it a little so they will be more informed in the future. Good luck.

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#3 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:32 AM

Yea that's true alot of places are like that. I thought that this place would know because I figured there was bound to be other celiacs going there to check too. For some reason I thought they would know but o well just another place to cross off for now. I am going to call and just give a suggestion that they make gluten free products and have a list of them for us.
Thanks for your thoughts Jessica :D
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#4 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:39 AM

Other than obvious flavors like cookie dough or Oreo, nearly all ice cream is gluten-free. My bet is just about everything they have is gluten-free, they just don't know it yet.

richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: