Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Peanut Butter

21 posts in this topic

Is there any gluten-free peanut butter besides natural PB?

Ads by Google:

Jif is all gluten-free and so is skippy

Arrowhead - Adams natural

Erewhon

Featherweight

Jif - all brands

Meijer's - Creamy and Crunchy

Peter Pan

Planters - Creamy and Crunchy

Real Brand - Creamy and Crunchy

Reeses

S&W Nutradiet - no salt added

Skippy - Creamy, Crunchy, Super Crunchy, Roasted Honey Nut

Smuckers - Natural

Teddy's All Natural

Walnut Acres - all

this is from http://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_prodi...-48105521849.90

I was wondering because Jiff males me sick and natural does not.

There must be something else in it that makes me sick.

It must be something else because Jiff is gluten free..if that brand is not good for you then find a different brand....i listed the link and a whole bunch of brands that are gluten free...

If the gluten-free peanut butters make you ill, check for soybean oil in the ingredients. You may also have soy intolerance problems, unless you are sensitive to peanuts. I use Adams no-stir variety or Whole Foods 'Whole Kids' variety which do not have soybean oil. Most of the 'natural' peanut butters (oil sits on the top of the jar before stirring) will not have nonpeanut oils.

BURDEE

Yes...I eat mostly Jif, but a little Skippy--and I don't get sick from them either.

Thanks! I will have to try them.

I am not sure about the ingredients I will have to check.

You guys are great!

Smuckers All Natural for me everytime...it's much tastier than Jif or any other IMHO! :D

Is there any gluten-free peanut butter besides natural PB?

I would still be cautious about natural peanut butters. I say this simply because most peanuts (not peanut butters) I've read about are contaminated, or potentially contaminated, with wheat in the processing (i.e. such as Planters, whether salted or not, nutsonline peanuts, and the Walmart brand). Who's to say they don't use the same methods for the peanuts used for peanut butter?

Anyway, I'd love to hear results of anyone who contacts the manufacturers and such. I know Adam's has been giving me some small issues (although they were getting larger the more I ate it, until I stopped), but I don't really know if that had anything to do with gluten. My first guess was that it was a reaction to some chemical, since Adam's isn't organic, as far as I know—either that, or my body just didn't like it because it might have been old and I was eating a lot of it up until then (if you have to stir it, it's old, unless the canning process also brings the oil out: there's no oil film if you grind it fresh—that usually takes months to develop, in my experience). I used to grind peanuts in the machine at The Good Earth, although I haven't gone there in a long while, and I don't know if the peanuts they use are contaminated.

Anyway, I'd love to hear results of anyone who contacts the manufacturers and such. I know Adam's has been …

I decided to ask Adam's myself, and guess what? They replied within like 20 minutes (via phone message).

I'm glad to tell you all that they say all of their peanut butters are definitely gluten-free and that there is no risk of cross-contamination (they only deal in their peanut butters in their facility apparently).

I asked about chemicals for the non-organic varieties as well, for good measure (they do have organic varieties). They said the non-organic ones come from all over the country and so they really don't know what pesticides and such the farmers might use (since they don't all use the same ones, necessarily, but they're probably regulated somehow, at least). Anyway, maybe I'll try out their organic peanut butter (if I can find it) and see if that treats me better.

[Edit: This is only about Adam's peanut butter. I can't say if any of the other natural ones are gluten-free.]

Walmarts Great Value brand peanut butter is gluten free (marked on the jar) and is very good.

This is a REALLY old topic now, but for anyone who lands here searching for PB info. thought I'd add that MaraNatha peanut butter is also gluten-free and absolutely delicious!

This is a REALLY old topic now, but for anyone who lands here searching for PB info. thought I'd add that MaraNatha peanut butter is also gluten-free and absolutely delicious!

Yes this is a very old topic. :rolleyes:

I eat Jiff every day.  I don't know of any name brand peanut butter that contains gluten.

I eat skippy natural creamy. Soooo gooooooood. 

I like Skippy Natural, too :)

I like Skippy Natural, too :)

Yay :lol:

But I wish they made it in those huge containers of peanut butter. You know, the ones that have massive lids. Its sometimes hard to find in the bigger jars.

Yay :lol:

But I wish they made it in those huge containers of peanut butter. You know, the ones that have massive lids. Its sometimes hard to find in the bigger jars.

Every once in a while Wal Mart has the larger size jars. Not huge, but bigger than the regular size :)

Skippy Honey Roasted pb (orange label) is labeled gluten free. I get that :)

I actually came here looking for Peanut Butter info for my daughter's lunches. This has been so helpful! I thank all of you!

No problem! :lol:

We like our peanut butter.

They have a natural version of the honey (roasted? or was honey just added) version. I didn't care for it to much. Rather make my own peanut butter and honey mix.