20 replies to this topic

#1 sdore

sdore

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:31 PM

Is there any gluten-free peanut butter besides natural PB?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:50 PM

Jif is all gluten-free and so is skippy

Arrowhead - Adams natural
Erewhon
Featherweight
Jif - all brands
Meijer's - Creamy and Crunchy
Peter Pan
Planters - Creamy and Crunchy
Real Brand - Creamy and Crunchy
Reeses
S&W Nutradiet - no salt added
Skippy - Creamy, Crunchy, Super Crunchy, Roasted Honey Nut
Smuckers - Natural
Teddy's All Natural
Walnut Acres - all

this is from http://www.celiac.co...-48105521849.90
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#3 sdore

sdore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:58 PM

I was wondering because Jiff males me sick and natural does not.

There must be something else in it that makes me sick.

#4 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:10 PM

It must be something else because Jiff is gluten free..if that brand is not good for you then find a different brand....i listed the link and a whole bunch of brands that are gluten free...
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#5 sdore

sdore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:12 PM

thanks

#6 burdee

burdee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:06 PM

If the gluten-free peanut butters make you ill, check for soybean oil in the ingredients. You may also have soy intolerance problems, unless you are sensitive to peanuts. I use Adams no-stir variety or Whole Foods 'Whole Kids' variety which do not have soybean oil. Most of the 'natural' peanut butters (oil sits on the top of the jar before stirring) will not have nonpeanut oils.
BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

#7 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:23 AM

Yes...I eat mostly Jif, but a little Skippy--and I don't get sick from them either.

#8 sdore

sdore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:34 AM

Thanks! I will have to try them.

I am not sure about the ingredients I will have to check.

You guys are great!

#9 AmberSki

AmberSki

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:57 AM

Smuckers All Natural for me everytime...it's much tastier than Jif or any other IMHO! :D

#10 Arlek

Arlek

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:04 PM

Is there any gluten-free peanut butter besides natural PB?

I would still be cautious about natural peanut butters. I say this simply because most peanuts (not peanut butters) I've read about are contaminated, or potentially contaminated, with wheat in the processing (i.e. such as Planters, whether salted or not, nutsonline peanuts, and the Walmart brand). Who's to say they don't use the same methods for the peanuts used for peanut butter?

Anyway, I'd love to hear results of anyone who contacts the manufacturers and such. I know Adam's has been giving me some small issues (although they were getting larger the more I ate it, until I stopped), but I don't really know if that had anything to do with gluten. My first guess was that it was a reaction to some chemical, since Adam's isn't organic, as far as I know—either that, or my body just didn't like it because it might have been old and I was eating a lot of it up until then (if you have to stir it, it's old, unless the canning process also brings the oil out: there's no oil film if you grind it fresh—that usually takes months to develop, in my experience). I used to grind peanuts in the machine at The Good Earth, although I haven't gone there in a long while, and I don't know if the peanuts they use are contaminated.

#11 Arlek

Arlek

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:00 PM

Anyway, I'd love to hear results of anyone who contacts the manufacturers and such. I know Adam's has been …

I decided to ask Adam's myself, and guess what? They replied within like 20 minutes (via phone message).

I'm glad to tell you all that they say all of their peanut butters are definitely gluten-free and that there is no risk of cross-contamination (they only deal in their peanut butters in their facility apparently).

I asked about chemicals for the non-organic varieties as well, for good measure (they do have organic varieties). They said the non-organic ones come from all over the country and so they really don't know what pesticides and such the farmers might use (since they don't all use the same ones, necessarily, but they're probably regulated somehow, at least). Anyway, maybe I'll try out their organic peanut butter (if I can find it) and see if that treats me better.

[Edit: This is only about Adam's peanut butter. I can't say if any of the other natural ones are gluten-free.]

#12 greendog

greendog

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:29 PM

Walmarts Great Value brand peanut butter is gluten free (marked on the jar) and is very good.
"The decisions we make dictate the life we live. To thine on self be true."

#13 masterjen

masterjen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

This is a REALLY old topic now, but for anyone who lands here searching for PB info. thought I'd add that MaraNatha peanut butter is also gluten-free and absolutely delicious!

Life throws us curve-balls sometimes, but if we didn't have challenges we would become too complacent and forget to respect the value of life itself.

#14 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

This is a REALLY old topic now, but for anyone who lands here searching for PB info. thought I'd add that MaraNatha peanut butter is also gluten-free and absolutely delicious!

Yes this is a very old topic. :rolleyes:

I eat Jiff every day.  I don't know of any name brand peanut butter that contains gluten.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#15 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

I eat skippy natural creamy. Soooo gooooooood. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: