Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Toothpaste

31 posts in this topic

Arm and Hammer appears to be okay too.

Ads by Google:

hello im new here so hello everyone! anyone know of a good gluten free mouthwash? i have sensitive gums, and type one diabetes as well as newly diagnosed celiacs... thank you!

hello im new here so hello everyone! anyone know of a good gluten free mouthwash? i have sensitive gums, and type one diabetes as well as newly diagnosed celiacs... thank you!

Hi Rachel!

I have Sjogren's Syndrome, along with Celiac and suffer from dry mouth. I use Biotene mouthwash and although it is specifically made for those with dry mouth, it has a nice minty flavor that leaves a refreshed taste in the mouth. It also contains the enzymes that are found in saliva to protect your teeth against decay because those with dry mouth are lacking in saliva production. Anyone can use it and it is also alcohol free, which I really like. Let's face it...I want alcohol in my red wine, not in my mouthwash! :P

Hope this helps.

I saw several places where people are using Toms toothpaste when asked if it has soy in it. I emailed the company and got a reply just yesterday that Toms toothpaste DOES have soy in it...it is in the glycern that is one of their first ingredients.

I noticed today that Toms of Main has on their Mouth rinse, that they are gluten free...not sure if all their mouth rinses are, but the one I saw today at the health food store was.

I bought Tom's and am thus far kind of disappointed with it... so expensive, and it barely feel like it does anything. Though, I really liked the intensity of mouthwashes with alcohol or strong mint, so if you want a milder mouthwash, you ought to like it.