arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Is It Possible To Get Dh In Genital Area?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 frieze

frieze

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

Yes, it was the "official pit area"...I put the deoderant there but it would smear outside the area. Posted Image

The rash was slightly in the outer regions of the pits, but the center-most part of my arm pit was clear. The rash radiated out from that area. It was quite impressive.

Then i would think it may be the "anti sweat" aspect.....try covering a larger area......

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 magickgrrrl

magickgrrrl

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Yes! this is a nightmare Ive been living with for years! I never knew I was gluten intoleratnt., but i kept getting this terrible itching all around my vulva, the crack of my butt, and even inside a little ways. It was exasperated by any moisture at all, bowel movements, menses, and sexual intimacy. It went on for years and the doctors all shook their heads, finding nothing, and some of them quite frankly wouldnt even take me seriously at all. (AS IF I ENJOYED HAVING THEM STUPIDLY PEER UP THE CRACK OF MY BUM< JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT TO WASTE THEIR TIME) ... i was checked for yeast, herpes, parasites, any number of skin disorders, I had the area biopsied, Tried every ointment, cream, and allergy treatment i could get my hands on. It any chance of intimacy I could hope of having in my marriage, and I sunk into deep depression as the outcome spralled out of my control. My therapist was convinced it was a psychosematic condition resulting from some childhood trauma.
After almost 15 years of this nightmare, through some other bloodwork for another illness I was being treated for, the question of celiac arose with my doctor. I wasnt experiencing most of the symptoms associated with it, but after about 6 months of being celiac free, my rash symptoms began to dissipate. Now, if I have even the slightest trace of gluten exposure, the flare ups come right back with a vengeance. I have yet to learn how to successfully lead a completely gluten free existance, and often have relapse. One thing I have found to ease the discomfort when this happens is cleaning the area with very cold water, pure shea butter as a moisture barrier, and taking an anti inflammatory supplement called QBC Plex by Solaray.....its a combination of quercitin, bromelain, and vitamin c. you can get all of these things seperately but together they are a miracle, somehow they suport each other. I usually have the worst time at night when trying to sleep, and have in the past suffered countless sleepless nights from itching. I keep this stuff by the bed, and if Im having a bad night i down some and usually am sleeping soundly withinn about 20 minutes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: