3 replies to this topic

#1 Gwenny

Gwenny

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:24 AM

I went to Cape Cod in Massachusetts to get married yesterday. The wedding was very small and was held on the beach in Dennis.

Because I hadn't searched for many gluten-free restaurants beforehand, we went to BZ's afterwards for pizza. They get their gluten-free pizza crusts from Good Ju Ju Bakery. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the whole gluten-free thing. Their gluten-free pizzas are made in a separate area of the kitchen and I did not get sick! Most of their specialty toppings can be done on the gluten-free crust (I'd avoid the chicken tenders or alfredo sauce toppings). I had the Medditeranean (sliced tomatoes, black olives, red onions, green peppers, feta, marinara sauce and mozzarella) and it was AWESOME! The taste and texture would be similar to a chewy crunchy thin pizza crust. The toppings were perfectly done. My mother in law had the same gluten-free pizza and she couldn't tell the difference from a gluten pizza.

The restaurant is a very causal and relaxed place (think of plastic cutlery, paper plates, plastic cups and sports on tv). The waitress was very friendly and prompt with the drinks, food and refills. I'm going there more often when I move closer to the cape!

We stayed at a Bed and Breakfast called Brewster By The Sea. The room was nice, cozy and clean. They left fresh flowers picked from their garden in our room and turned down the bed and left mints for us. They have a pool, hot tub, lovely yard and offer massages. We had breakfast prepared on site this morning and mine was gluten-free. A family with a young girl that has Celiac stays there each year and the owners of the Bed & Breakfast purchase gluten-free things for her from a local gluten-free bakery, so they know how to treat us Celiacs! We had started the meal with fresh fruit, then were served a yummy lemon sorbet. For the main course we were served an amazing vegetable frittata, sausage (best I've ever had), gluten-free biscuits for me and of course tasty coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice. I left feeling very full and didn't have one single problem with gluten while staying here.

I'd definitely recommend a stay at this Bed and Breakfast, they are such nice people and their home is well maintained and comfortable. They think of everything and even gave us a little bag with a bottle of lavender oil and other goodies. They really took care of us!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:46 AM

I went to Cape Cod in Massachusetts to get married yesterday. The wedding was very small and was held on the beach in Dennis.

Dude!!! Congratulations!!
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#3 Mtndog

Mtndog

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:00 AM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BZ's rocks! I go there every time I'm on the Cape.
Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.
Albert Careb

Posted Image

#4 Vamonos

Vamonos

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:58 AM

Best Wishes on your marriage!

Great review, btw. I will put them on my list of places to try next time I visit the Cape.

Bev in NH
Diagnosed January 2007 by + endoscopy/biopsy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: