4 replies to this topic

#1 jjc

jjc

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:09 AM

I am planning a very short trip to NYC withy my daughter, and I'm looking for recommendations for gluten free restaurants very close (or in) Times Square. Because of some shows we're seeing, I don't think we'll be able to make it to Rissoteria or some of the others I've read about that are a little further out from Times Square. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 The Fluffy Assassin

The Fluffy Assassin

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:45 AM

I am planning a very short trip to NYC withy my daughter, and I'm looking for recommendations for gluten free restaurants very close (or in) Times Square. Because of some shows we're seeing, I don't think we'll be able to make it to Rissoteria or some of the others I've read about that are a little further out from Times Square. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Check out this thread from a year or two ago (literally; people were still giving tips a year and a half later!): http://www.celiac.co...php/t29457.html
The fluffy assassin? My cat, Amelia. Just fluffy, really.
About '02, lactose intolerance hit. Quit gluten in late '07. Immediately had better energy, less anxiety.
By '09, no lactose intolerance, but I gave up dairy 7/18/09 anyway (and in August soy). Restarted dairy, Nov' '10; stopped for good, December.
9/12/09 Wound up in the emergency room with what turned out to be hypothyroid symptoms. Resolved quickly when I got my iodine levels up. If you're on a whole foods diet, make sure you get enough iodine. Believe me!
PS: Fluoridation sucks.
PPS: You might enjoy my blog, Writing When The Cat Lets Me.

#3 astyanax

astyanax

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:10 AM

i'd recommend lili's 57 at 57th and 7th, it's an easy walk from times square. http://www.lilis57.com/
gXf since november 1998

#4 savvvyseller

savvvyseller

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:32 PM

I suggest Ruby Foo's, right in the Times Square District.

#5 jkmunchkin

jkmunchkin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:55 PM

Nizza is in the theatre district / Times Square. Less touristy than Ruby Foo's and closer than Lilli & Loo's. It's on 9th Ave. b/t 44th & 45th.

http://www.nizzanyc.com/

If you are looking to just grab a quick bite there is a Hale & Hearty & Chipotle on 42nd b/t 5th & 6th Ave. Hale & Hearty has soups & salads. They use a fresh bowl and tongs for every salad and will be able to let you know which dressings are gluten free. Almost all their soups are gluten-free, but if you are unsure or want to try one, just ask them so see the ingredients. Bryant Park is right across the street so you can grab your food and eat in the park if it's a nice day out.

Have fun!
Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy
Inflamed stomach lining
Gluten free since July 6, 2005
Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: