Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Books, Articles, Pamphlets To Give To Family And Friends?

9 posts in this topic

Do you have a favorite book, article or pamphlet that you give to family or friends when they want to know more about gluten-intolerance or Celiac? -- Something fast, friendly and easy to read that helps them understand that No, a person can't have just a little bit now and then?

Ads by Google:

Still searching -- something that lets family and friends (any maybe even restaurants) understand -- in a very simple, easy to read way -- that someone with Celiac cannot have just a little bit now and then -- also maybe a word or two about how serious cross-contamination can be. Anything?

If you google Celiac Pamphlet a bunch of links to pamphlets pop up.

How about a skull and crossbones? Or the international symbol for radioactivity? Or a picture of a black hole? Sorry, I'm just trying to make you laugh because I don't believe there is a good way to help anyone understand something they either are incapable of understanding or they have their heels dug in against, and, weirdly, this affliction falls into those categories. Wheat is so INGRAINED (sorry again) in us as the "staff of life" (and indeed agriculture allowed huge gains in human population growth) that people are loathe to think of it in anything but benevolent terms.

If you find a "quick" way, please let us all know because many here have been struggling with making others understand for years!

take care and good luck!

lisa

The book Living Gluten Free For Dummies by Danna Korn is easy to understand. Her humor on the subject makes it an enjoyable read.

How about a skull and crossbones? Or the international symbol for radioactivity? Or a picture of a black hole? Sorry, I'm just trying to make you laugh because I don't believe there is a good way to help anyone understand something they either are incapable of understanding or they have their heels dug in against, and, weirdly, this affliction falls into those categories. Wheat is so INGRAINED (sorry again) in us as the "staff of life" (and indeed agriculture allowed huge gains in human population growth) that people are loathe to think of it in anything but benevolent terms.

If you find a "quick" way, please let us all know because many here have been struggling with making others understand for years!

take care and good luck!

lisa

Well, it worked! I laughed quite a bit at this one. Thanks for the smile.