18 replies to this topic

#16 ianm

ianm

Metal God

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 05:31 PM

I had periods of time where I would not feel fatigue or brain fog but as I got older those times would be few and far between. It is possible to go into remission but it never really goes away.

As far as the prayer thing here is how I look at it. The gluten free diet IS the answer to my prayers. God will show you the path but it is up to you to find it and follow it. He's not going to just drop it in your lap and everything will be a happily ever after fairytale. Nope, just doesn't work that way. Once I learned what the problem was and how to fix it I embraced it whole heartedly and without hesitation. If you are waiting for some dramatic miracle I think you are going to be waiting for a very long time. Miracles happen all the time but they usually don't involve any form of obvious divine intervention.
If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?
Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.
Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Guest_gillian502_*

Guest_gillian502_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:38 AM

I agree wholeheartedly with the above post. I pray all the time for better health and for a "miracle", but I would never go off this diet no matter how much better I felt. That would be like praying for more money to help yourself through a financial hardship, and quitting your job in the meantime! Just doesn't work that way. God helps those who help themselves...stay on the diet, keep seeing doctors, and God will work through them AND you.

#18 Guest_gfinnebraska_*

Guest_gfinnebraska_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:30 AM

I agree that you should stay on the diet... BUT, God can completely heal! Miracles ARE for today... staying on the gluten-free diet is not being healed. It is like praying for money and God giving you a loan you have to pay back ~ God doesn't work THAT way. We could go on and on with this discussion and different points of view. I was just curious how many people on this board with celiac disease believe in the power of God to completely heal us. I am glad that I am not the only one! :D :D :D

#19 ianm

ianm

Metal God

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:17 PM

I guess it really comes down to how you define healed. If being "healed" means that I get to eat processed crap then no thank you I don't want to be healed. If being "healed" means being forced to eat better foods, exercising and generally living a healthier lifestyle then to me that is really the better way to go. Yes there are certain foods I can't eat but to me that is a small price to pay for the drastically improved life I am now living.
If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?
Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.
Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: