hot flashes
Insomnia, continues but I'm exercising
irritability,sometimes occurs
fatigue
brain fog
weight gain
prickly feelings on face
chills
numbness in 4th/5th finger, still have it a little.

I feel like a hypochondriac when listing these but they truly happened, not all at once!! : :o

The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this,always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed on my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers-Helen Keller

Judy- Gluten Intolerant

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Rikki Tikki

Rikki Tikki

Tavi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:37 AM

Hi Judy:

I agree with everything you have said. I think because it takes so many years to diagnose we often feel like it's all in our heads and often times we have even been told that.
Well, except being cranky, I think I am that way sometimes but I don't believe it's related to the crankiness (lol) :D
Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"
"blood work show's a disease called celiac,
but it can't be that because it's rare!"
Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac
offering support, my
experience and advice

#18 Lesliean

Lesliean

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:41 AM

Judy- Every symptom you listed was one I had seen posted elsewhere as a symptom of Celiac. Like I hear reports of rapid heart rate a lot but am still not sure why it occurs. And the dry eyes could be sjogren's syndrome. And the peripheral neuropathy is so common too. Isn't it nice that they went away?

#19 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:14 PM

Rapid heart beat was one of my symptoms but that was attributed to hyperthyroid. My doctor said 95% of celiacs she has seen have had a thyroid issue of some sort. She also said not alot of celiacs just have celiac.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#20 kaylee

kaylee

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:47 AM

I went off gluten only because of my son's condition ... and then with the amazing, completely unexpected changes that came about for me, went back on gluten to do the testing and discovered I have celiac disease too.

Anyway, the most astonishing thing for me was the disappearance of all the aches and pains I had had from as far back as I can remember. I was so accustomed to these pains I really thought they were normal, just part of being human. The worst was in the lower back, where the pain could often be quite severe, but I had various shapes and sizes of pain all over. The other thing that has been quite striking for me is the vanishing act performed by the heaviness or numbness (hard to describe exactly) in my hands and forearms. It was bad enough 3 years ago that I was sent for an MRI, obviously they suspected MS. Everything looked fine on that test. No one thought to look into vitamin deficiency. I only happened upon that idea on these boards and between being gluten-free and taking B12 supplements the problem no longer exists. It still amazes me!

Kaylee

#21 SharonF

SharonF

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 06:23 AM

I'm just happy not to feel so tired anymore. I had diarrhea, but it wasn't running to the bathroom all the time, it was just that when I DID go, it was loose all the time.

But being able to play with my kids and read them a story without getting tired out halfway through is the best part of being gluten-free for me. And my husband doesn't have to say "You're ALWAYS tired" anymore.
Mom of 3
Diagnosed celiac August 2004

#22 bean

bean

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:22 PM

Hey! I have a sensitive spot on the right side of my stomach (about 4 inches to the right of my belly button) that is tender when I push on it. Could this be related to celiac? It's been that way as long as I can remember. I've never done anything about it because...umm.. because I'm a scared wuss I guess! Does anyone know where the damage occurs ? Or if it just occurs throughout the intestinal tract?

As for symptoms that have gone away.. I haven't gone gluten-free yet so I don't know :unsure:

But I have fantasies of having a flat stomach, no more yeast infections, no more endless fatigue, and a clear head.

I wish I wish I wish!!!

Congratulations to all of you who have had the integrity to go long enough gluten-free that your symptoms have gone away! I kneel before all of you in respect ! You are my heroes!!!

*hug* - Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michelle :)

Positive blood tests 4/29/05 (tTG & IgA)
*Osteoporosis (at 32!)
*Heartburn/Reflux (*ouch!*)
*Lifelong battle w/depression
*Dental enamel didn't form right when I was little (cavities cavities cavities)
*Neuropsych analysis lists all sorts of learning disabilities - which may be attributed to brain injury from an old accident or may be from celiac, who knows!

Had biopsy May 11th, 2005 - villi are FLAT! :(
gluten-free since May 11th :)

#23 ianm

ianm

Metal God

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:49 PM

No more fatigue and a clear head are NOT fantasies. They will become reality when you go gluten-free. :) As for the flat stomach I'll get back with you on that one. Mine is flatter than it used to be. I am working on a six-pack but so far I'm looks more like a 1.6 pack :lol: . Looks like I have my work cut out for me on that one still.
If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?
Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.
Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

#24 discouragedmomof5

discouragedmomof5

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:27 PM

I read your post about length of periods. I have had unpredictable cycles and constant PMs I think. Would you mind sharing your cycle problems. How long were you off gluten before you started feeling better?

#25 bean

bean

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:28 PM

Mine is kind of like an inflatable six pack - that gets too much air put into it about 10 minutes after I eat something :blink: Kinda funky actually. I usually feel ultra sexy in the morning and sometimes will wait hours to eat just so I can keep feeling skinny! I'm not saying I've got model abs or anything - but I like 'em - until somebody pulls that rip-cord :o

I've got work too, but it's nice to know that there's hope of keeping that morning thing all day! Wahoo!! :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Osteoporosis (at 32!)
*Neuropsych analysis lists all sorts of learning disabilities - which may be attributed to brain injury from an old accident or may be from celiac, who knows!

#26 Lesliean

Lesliean

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:33 PM

To discouragedmomof5- For at least 7 years my periods have been 3 days long, stop a day and then pick up again for 3 days. Weird. For the last two periods (month 2 and 3 gluten-free) they have been as normal as a 20 year old (I am 48). Also gone are the yeast infections. I hope this answered your question. We all know that mood swings go with gluten too. How are you?

To Bean- I Had a constant pain in my belly 2 inches to the right of my belly button for 5 years that magically went away at 3 months gluten-free. I still plan to get a colonoscopy because I am about the age to start worrying about polyps but I don't hurt anymore. Mine hurt from the inside though and was not there for so long that I guess you could rule out cancer. I hope you will find it in yourself to eliminate gluten (assuming you are tested positive). The miraculous improvement might be the inspiration to staying that way. I am not as hungry now and enjoy an even greater variety of foods. My hypoglycemia is gone and I am not so tired all the time. There are substitute foods out there for just about anything you might crave. I know you can do it!
Leslie

#27 bean

bean

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:43 PM

Lesliean,

I am *aching* to go gluten-free!! The only reason I haven't done it yet is because I'm waiting for the biopsy. But the more wonderful things I hear about symptoms going away - the more I want to do it!

Thank you for everyone's encouragement :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Osteoporosis (at 32!)

#28 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:52 PM

Bean- Go for it! It's easier than you think and it continues to get easier when you realize how much better you are feeling. I was gluten-free for 2 months and the improvement was incredible. My only regret is that I let a doctor talk me into wheat for 10 days for a biopsy that came back negative anyway (duh- after 2 months gluten free of course there was a very high probability that it would). So I'm back to being gluten-free and I'm just patiently waiting to get back to where I was before the biopsy. It is soooooo worth it! Beverly

#29 discouragedmomof5

discouragedmomof5

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:17 AM

Thanks for your input. I too have an almost constant pain in my abdomon. I am a little overwhelmed that gluten seems to be in everything, but on the same note I am sure that once we get the hang of this it won't be so difficult.
Most importantly I am really really excited to see what health problems go away once I become gluten-free. I don't know how to eat at restaurants, everything seems to have gluten in it. Any pointers?
Thanks

#30 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2005 - 06:33 AM

Oh- eating out is tough at first so my husband and I made a compromise. We eat out less and eat at better places. At a better restaurant you are MUCH more likely to get the individual attention you need and it's worth it in the end. Alos, Outback Steakhouse has pretty good food and a GLUTEN FREE MENU! Bravo Outback! I was so excited when I went there the other night I almost kissed the waiter!

I'm peeved off right now because I've been trying so hard and yesterday we amde omelettes for breakfast and I used soy cheese (no lactose right now) thinking it was a no-brainer. Wrong! About four hours later I developed symptoms, checked everything and it turned out the soy cheese had maltodextrin. Arrrggghhh! Beverly :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: