5 replies to this topic

#1 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:29 AM

This is probably the best read about gluten intolerance/celiac disease I have seen.

http://www.thegluten....net/primer.pdf
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 angieInCA

angieInCA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:24 AM

Thank you for posting this. I agree it is very informative and through in it's content. I am printing it off and sharing with family members who still don't get what celiac disease is.

Angela

Transplanted Southerner in Sunny So.Cal.
Misdiagnosed 47 years
Diagnosed Gluten Intollerent Aug. 22. '08
Blood Tests Weak Positive to Negative probably due to low Gluten intake for 8 weeks before testing.
Opted not to have Biopsy.
Positive DH testing Oct. 30,'08
Gluten free since Oct. 28, '08

Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia May 10,'13

#3 TrillumHunter

TrillumHunter

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:30 AM

That's a good find, Deb. All the newbies and people who suspect should be directed to it.

Good work! :)

#4 ksymonds84

ksymonds84

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:02 AM

Awesome read Deb! Interesting how he commented that many people have a problem with the corn gluten. Thanks for posting!
Kathy

Gluten free 3/08
Negative blood work/positive endoscopy
Fructose Malabsorption
Soy free

#5 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,791 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:13 AM

I agree this is one of the best if not the best article I have read. It is very through. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#6 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:46 PM

You are very welcome. When I saw it this morning, I was very impressed. It touched on everything and explains it so well. It's a little book every gluten intolerant/celiac should have. I am going to try to print it at work, or the library, my printer cant handle that many pages.
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: