This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

So Tired...

pchick

pchick Rookie

I was wondering if anyone has gone through the same thing?

My test results were negative, but my IgA count was extremely low, so they wouldn't read positive even if I had celiac for sure.

current test results:

Triglycerides: 480

Blood sugar: 111

borderline anemic

CS1: +3 candida, +1 saprophytic fungi

GP2: no parasites

MB2 Total intestinal SIgA: <11 (normal range is 400-880)

MB3 Intestinal lysozyme: 4 (normal is 6)

MB4 Alph Anti-Chymotrypsin: <14 (normal is <60)

FG1 Chymotrypsin: <3 (normal is >9)

no allergy to milk, soy, egg

F14 Gliadin Ab SIgA: 7 negative

Because of this I went gluten free 3 weeks ago and so much is going better. My heartburn has stopped, I'm becoming more regular :) , I have less abdominal pain and a lot less bloated. My skin has almost cleared up completely (first time ever) and I'm thinking much more clearly so I'm having positive response to the diet.

The thing is though, for the last few days I've been VERY tired again. All I want to do is sleep, it's hard to keep moving sometimes and so I've been taking too many naps (and still not feeling rested).

So I'm wondering if anyone else has this? Could it be a healing response (I've been sick for a long time and now have leaky gut)? It almost feels like a detox ~ kind of a heaviness in the body and head. I don't know... maybe I was "glutened" but I don't think so. Everything else is holding fine - still regular and such, but I'm just really, really tired... and I have a strange tingling sensation all over, including my tongue.

Just looking for answers or someone who is experiencing the same thing ~ I'm so confused... and I really just want to feel normal for a little while.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Amyleigh0007 Enthusiast

B12 really helps me beat fatigue. I know it has helped many here too.

pchick Rookie

Thanks Amyleigh, I just ordered gluten free multi vitamins... should get here Monday. Doc put me on enzymes and probiotics, and something to facilitate iron permeability.

I've been taking EmergenC's when I feel woozy... and I think that helps. I know the vitamins will help.

momxyz Contributor

Could it be another sign of healing?

Did by chance, you have issues with insomnia as well as GI problems?

My daughter has been working on eliminating gluten too. (The big sources were easy, now I'm working with her to be aware of stuff where gluten is precent as an additive... ie read the fine print.)

One of her complaints was insomnia...trouble falling asleep, trouble staying asleep.. Last night she slept for over 11 1/2 hours. That's the first time that's happened in a long time.

Maybe your body needs the rest, and now, you can finally get it?

elle's mom Contributor

pchick-

I have been gluten free now for only 3 months but having a similar experience to you. I was always VERY tired and fatigued-needed naps every day-felt like I would die without. That feeling slowly began to get better after about two months of gluten-free, but came back again on & off. Til now I have chalked it up to female monthly issues-but maybe it is a healing response or something.

Googles Community Regular

I have been gluten-free for about a month and a half now. I still have days where I am exhausted and when I get home from work all I can do is fall into bed for two hours before I get up and eat dinner. It does seem to go in phases. Good luck with adding the vitamins, I hope it works. Have you had your vitamin D, folic acid and other vitamins checked to see if you need more than over the counter vitamins will provide?

pchick Rookie

sorry to hear some of you are experiencing the same thing... but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'm motivated to keep it up in the diet dept. in hopes in a few months I'll be having all sorts of energy! Keep me posted ~ let me know when you all start feeling better ;)

as far as insomnia... I stay up late because I can't fall asleep easily ~ I usually fall asleep between 2 and 4am, but once I fall asleep I'm out until 10 the next day (with a few bathroom breaks). Lately, I've also been taking naps during the day.

If I know I'll get better, I can do this for a while.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Chuck8268 Rookie
I was wondering if anyone has gone through the same thing?

My test results were negative, but my IgA count was extremely low, so they wouldn't read positive even if I had celiac for sure.

current test results:

Triglycerides: 480

Blood sugar: 111

borderline anemic

CS1: +3 candida, +1 saprophytic fungi

GP2: no parasites

MB2 Total intestinal SIgA: <11 (normal range is 400-880)

MB3 Intestinal lysozyme: 4 (normal is 6)

MB4 Alph Anti-Chymotrypsin: <14 (normal is <60)

FG1 Chymotrypsin: <3 (normal is >9)

no allergy to milk, soy, egg

F14 Gliadin Ab SIgA: 7 negative

Because of this I went gluten free 3 weeks ago and so much is going better. My heartburn has stopped, I'm becoming more regular :) , I have less abdominal pain and a lot less bloated. My skin has almost cleared up completely (first time ever) and I'm thinking much more clearly so I'm having positive response to the diet.

The thing is though, for the last few days I've been VERY tired again. All I want to do is sleep, it's hard to keep moving sometimes and so I've been taking too many naps (and still not feeling rested).

So I'm wondering if anyone else has this? Could it be a healing response (I've been sick for a long time and now have leaky gut)? It almost feels like a detox ~ kind of a heaviness in the body and head. I don't know... maybe I was "glutened" but I don't think so. Everything else is holding fine - still regular and such, but I'm just really, really tired... and I have a strange tingling sensation all over, including my tongue.

Just looking for answers or someone who is experiencing the same thing ~ I'm so confused... and I really just want to feel normal for a little while.

NJKim Newbie

I have been gluten free for 17 years and what I found that happens in cycles is I get extremely low iron enough to anemic and also I have trouble absorbing other nutrients. My recommendation would be take a a multi-vitamin but with an iron percentage less than 50%. This is because the iron will upset your stomach if you have too much because it is hard to absorb in the intestines. Also never take on an empty stomach. Hope this helps!

Archived