#1 pjohn0457

pjohn0457

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 10:51 AM

[FONT=Times][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]

I was diagnosed a year ago with celiac disease and I am now having a problem with bruising, I have bruises all over my legs and body, does anyone else have this problem?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jaimek

jaimek

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 01:05 PM

I was just diagnosed 3 weeks ago and before then i always had bruises all over my arms and legs. I have noticed that they have gone away for the most part, but it hasn't been that long. I was told that bruising is a side effect of celiac so I am hoping that it won't happen once my body heals. Don't worry, I am right there with you! ;)
gluten-free since 2/6/04

#3 Lily

Lily

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 02:44 PM

I have bruising problems, both before the diagnosis and even wheat free it's still happening.

Lily

#4 tammy

tammy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:16 PM

I am now an adult who was diagnosed in December 2002 and I always remember having a problem with bruising. My mother who is not a diagnosed gluten sensitive person also has bruising. I am not sure what the exact problem is but sometimes my source is plain bumping into things. Especially at night, I tend to bump into the wall or the counter's edge. I am more concerned about how long it takes for them to heal.

I have the same problem with acne, at my age! And they said puberty was the only time I had to deal with pimples!!hahahah :blink:

#5 pjohn0457

pjohn0457

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:58 PM

I know I am still having zits and I am 46!!! and didn't have them when I was a teenager. It's good to hear I am not the only one with the bruising problems, thanks PJ

#6 seeking_wholeness

seeking_wholeness

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 08:06 AM

I had serious trouble with bruising as a child, but not so much lately. I think it might be related to a vitamin K deficiency. It's something to check into, at any rate!
Sarah
gluten-free since November 1, 2003

#7 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 08:56 AM

I'm fairly sertain that excessive bruising can be a sign of some definciency or even other health issues. If this continues you need to get it checked out.

richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: