No replies to this topic

#1 dbuhl79

dbuhl79

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:52 AM

I'm curious to find if anyone else has heard of these type of "test results" when having their children tested for food allergies or intolerances.

My niece whom is 10 has suffered from as her mother puts it a very bloated stomach, some constipation, and in general is overweight for her age. (To the unfortunate point of teasing now, mainly due to extra weight in the midsection).

She has finally found a doctor who noted that her daugther may have some intolerance to various types of food, and has tested her for the following, soy, milk, casein, wheat, gluten, egg whites, egg yolks, whey etc.

The test results my sister reported were given either a Negative or a number 1 through 4. The higher the digit the more intollerant/allergic she was to this particular item. Th eonly thing she tested negative for was casein.

The highest result was a 3 for Milk. The rest were 1-2 for results.

Has anyone heard or had these type of results in this form of testing? I am completely unfirmilar with this, and would just like to hear those who have had similar experiences. Should my sister remove all of these items she tested at any level too? Or just items 3-4 which are considered things she should NOT eat per her "organic guru doctor" (as she has labeled him.)

Thanks for anyone who can provide any input. My sister recently was told by her doctor to stay away from wheat herself as to provide assistance to migraine relief. I am pondering if all three of us have this genetic gene of gluten-intolerance. (Although my nieces gluten result was only a 2)

Thanks again, really anxious to hear your opinions! I will be thrilled at anything that can help my niece trim her midsection and feel like the rest of her friends!
Positive Dietary Challenge, firmly believing gluten-free is the way to be!
gluten-free since Nov. 18, 2004.

Always learning along with the rest of everyone else... a never ending process.
Dana :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: