Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Help Needed Quick-rotisserie Chicken

9 posts in this topic

Hello, we are new to the gluten free world. If you are not sure of the ingredients on the skin of a rotisserie chicken, can you eat the inside meat only? Thanks!

Ads by Google:

That doesn't seem advisable as if the seasonings do contain gluten they may leech into the meat and cause a "glutening". I was not aware of the severity of the cross contamination issue when my daughter first introduced us to gluten-free either, but apparently it's a really big deal. I am NOT an expert, we've only been at this less than 2 years, and still trying to master it.

I have never had trouble with Costco chicken.

I have never had trouble with Costco chicken.

Okay, thank you. It is from a local grocery store and we have no idea what the ingredients are on the skin....Better safe than sorry; guess we will just have a salad.

I buy the ones offered at Wal-Mart. I do peel off the skin but I've never had a problem. I know at my Wal-Mart they will go check the ingredients listed for me on anything I buy in the deli.

Last time I checked Wal-Mart were not gluten-free!

Costco's is gluten-free

Boston Market is gluten-free

Sam's Club is not gluten-free

KFC grilled or any other is not gluten-free...

It should state on the label what the ingredient list is.

Most are not gluten-free.

sorry

mamaw

Anything on food is cooked into it. It would be like eating toppings off a regular pizza - you would get sick. I had a someone invite me to dinner and she was using a marinade on a roast which contained wheat and she thought it would just cook away. She's a nurse, so there is a lot of misinformation out there.

I don't know about other places, but I buy the Costco rotisserie chickens because they say Gluten Free right on the label. I am so grateful to Costco for this. They are a great deal and you can make different things with them (tacos, soups, etc.).

I've been buying the Jay-C store rotisserie chickens. They are owned by Kroger and Kroger has listed that their private label items will clearly list ingredients containing gluten. Supposedly if it says spices it does not contain gluten. This is what their letter to gluten free consumers says. Obviously this doesn't mean no CC. Just thought I'd share the info.

Meagan

Want to earn money from home?

Contact me about Discovery Toys!

Safeway's chickens up in Canada are gluten free. The national deli manager checked with their supplier of the spices and these were gluten free.

The deli manager at the Sobey's where we shop said that thiers did contain gluten.