Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Is Sabra Hummus Safe?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Anyone have problems with Sabra Hummus?

Ads by Google:

I eat it, but I have only tried the plain, so I don't know about the ones with the lump of seasoning in the middle. No problems.

I eat roasted red pepper everyday! No problems and I am extremly sensitive

No problems really? I dont either, but I called the company and they said they cant guarantee theres no cross contamination. its my absolute favorite so i really dont wanna cut it out

No problems really? I dont either, but I called the company and they said they cant guarantee theres no cross contamination. its my absolute favorite so i really dont wanna cut it out

If you have been eating this with no issues I would keep eating it. Just because a company says they can not quarantee that there is no CC doesn't mean there is. If however it makes you uncomfortable because of the risk, hummus is really easy to make yourself and it keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days.

I love Sabra Hummus and have never had any problems with it!

I made a blog post where I used it in a recipe and got an email from a reader saying some people have had reactions to it. While Sabra is my preferred brand and I have not yet read definitively about others having a reaction to the hummus, I am going to make a note of this in an upcoming post.

Most (99.9%) of companies will tell you that they cannot guarantee that there was no CC as a CYA (cover your bum) statement. They don't want to stick their neck out there on a topic like 'food allergies'.

Sabra is my preferred brand over several others, including Athenos (sp?), that I do have a reaction to from time to time. Glad to hear others are eating it with out many problems!

On August 18, 2009 at 10:43 AM, jasonD2 said:

Anyone have problems with Sabra Hummus?

On August 29, 2009 at 9:40 AM, linuxprincess said:
On August 29, 2009 at 9:40 AM, linuxprincess said:

I made a blog post where I used it in a recipe and got an email from a reader saying some people have had reactions to it. While Sabra is my preferred brand and I have not yet read definitively about others having a reaction to the hummus, I am going to make a note of this in an upcoming post.

Most (99.9%) of companies will tell you that they cannot guarantee that there was no CC as a CYA (cover your bum) statement. They don't want to stick their neck out there on a topic like 'food allergies'.

Sabra is my preferred brand over several others, including Athenos (sp?), that I do have a reaction to from time to time. Glad to hear others are eating it with out many problems!

3 hours ago, mindcolors said:

This thread is from 2009.  I don't think Sabra hummus has changed since then, but lots of products might have in 7 years.

i think Sabra does say gluten free on it now.  I have used it and am fine.  if you want to, you will always find someone who thinks they had a gluten reaction to any food or drink or even water!   most of the time, they probably have a problem with an ingredient , preparation of food, or something else they ate at the same time.  I even saw someone insist she had a gluten reaction but finally admitted that her whole family had a stomach virus - but SHE had a gluten reaction. Ugh...

Edited by kareng