5 replies to this topic

#1 Mtndog

Mtndog

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:43 AM

My DH and I went to Sunday River this weekend. I was impressed by how much gluten-free food was available since the last time I was there (2 years ago).

First, Pat's Pizza in Bethel had a big sign out front that said "Gluten-free dough" :D we didn't have a chance to go there but it's on our next trip.

We had dinner at SS Morton's in downtown Bethel and they are familiar with the diet- I had a scallop dish that the chef makes for another celiac and it was delicious!

For breakfast, we ate at Rooster's Roadhouse- they were also aware.

We made our way over to No Conway (plenty of options there!) and I had a gluten-free pizza at Flatbreads inside the Eastern Slopes in. It was so good- they EvEn had a gluten-free whoopie pie for dessert. Normally, I'm not a whoopie pie person but since they offered....it was so tasty!

Also, if you drive up to Sunday River via Rt 95- Anello's gluten-free bakery has moved from Wells, ME to Portsmouth, NH. They are downtown on Congress Street.

It was a gluten-free, swimming hole dip road trip! Yes!
Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.
Albert Careb

Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nasalady

nasalady

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:07 AM

My DH and I went to Sunday River this weekend. I was impressed by how much gluten-free food was available since the last time I was there (2 years ago).

First, Pat's Pizza in Bethel had a big sign out front that said "Gluten-free dough" :D we didn't have a chance to go there but it's on our next trip.

We had dinner at SS Morton's in downtown Bethel and they are familiar with the diet- I had a scallop dish that the chef makes for another celiac and it was delicious!

For breakfast, we ate at Rooster's Roadhouse- they were also aware.

We made our way over to No Conway (plenty of options there!) and I had a gluten-free pizza at Flatbreads inside the Eastern Slopes in. It was so good- they EvEn had a gluten-free whoopie pie for dessert. Normally, I'm not a whoopie pie person but since they offered....it was so tasty!

Also, if you drive up to Sunday River via Rt 95- Anello's gluten-free bakery has moved from Wells, ME to Portsmouth, NH. They are downtown on Congress Street.

It was a gluten-free, swimming hole dip road trip! Yes!

That's great! Glad to hear you're doing well!
Multiple autoimmune diseases, including celiac, Hashimoto's, psoriasis, autoimmune hepatitis, RA, SLE. Also have fibromyalgia.

Tested Fall 2008: bloodwork, biopsy negative; HLA DQ8. Doctor believes results negative due to prednisone and Imuran taken for autoimmune hepatitis.

Dx with celiac disease because of dietary response, genetics, and family history of celiac disease.

Dx with Lyme Disease Jan 2010; Lyme likely triggered some of the AI diseases.

Gluten free since 25 Nov 2008

#3 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

Future reference- there's a restaurant in No Conway called Rafferty's Pub that has a gorgeous gluten-free menu, they're kids have Celiac, I'll be going there in a few weeks and will happily tell everyone how it was.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#4 stewartfan14

stewartfan14

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:00 PM

Rafferty's is AWESOME!!! I went there in July just a few weeks after being diagnosed with Celiac's and almost cried when I saw all the choices...........the whoopie pies are the best!

#5 Mtndog

Mtndog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:23 AM

I love Rafferty's too- it was a tough decision because I'd never had Flatbread's gluten-free pizza. There are now at least 3 gluten-free options in No Conway- rafferty's, Flatbread Pizza and Bellini's has a gluten-free menu too.

Here it is: Bellini's YUMMY gluten-free menu

Gotta love No Conway!
Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.
Albert Careb

Posted Image

#6 Vamonos

Vamonos

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:24 PM

Beverly,

thanks for the Bellini's link...will definitely put that one on my list for my next trip to North Conway. Glad you had a great weekend!

Bev too!
Diagnosed January 2007 by + endoscopy/biopsy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: