Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

El Torito Sweet Corn Cake Mix

1 post in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has had a gluten reaction to El Torito's Sweet Corn Cake Mix. It's masa flour (which I know is corn flour) and it says ground yellow corn and trace of lime, sugar, salt and baking powder. I'm adding butter, water, and sweet creamed corn. I haven't had masa flour since going gluten free and I'm probably missing out. Making a chicken chili and I want to eat some corn bread too!!!

Thanks for your comments.

Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• We can't see the video carle.  The site is banned from celiac com for spamming. Not having seen it, I'd guess they are selling something?
    • Sorry Doit, Ok, I think I see what you are talking about.  The serum IgA test?  The serum IgA is to verify if your body does make IgA antibodies.  Not all of us make that particular antibody type.  you do make IgA antibodies though, and your reading is fairly high.  the way I understand it, the serum IgA is not specific to celiac disease.  It does indicate a level of antibody activity though.  So perhaps you are fighting an infection or something?  Or it is celiac and for some reason your blood levels of antibodies are not high enough to detect right now. The below info on serum IgA is from Quest Labs. ******************************************************************** Test Highlight IgA, Serum    Clinical Use Diagnose IgA deficiencies Determine etiology of recurrent infections Diagnose infection Diagnose inflammation Diagnose IgA monoclonal gammopathy Clinical Background IgA is the first line of defense for the majority of infections at mucosal surfaces and consists of 2 subclasses. IgA1 is the dominant subclass, accounting for 80% to 90% of total serum IgA and greater than half of the IgA in secretions such as milk, saliva, and tears. IgA2, on the other hand, is more concentrated in secretions than in blood. IgA2 is more resistant to proteolytic cleavage and may be more functionally active than IgA1. IgA deficiency is the most prevalent isotype deficiency, occurring in 1/400 to 1/700 individuals. Many patients with IgA deficiency are asymptomatic, while others may develop allergic disease, repeated sinopulmonary or gastroenterologic infections, and/or autoimmune disease. Individuals with complete absence of IgA (<5 mg/dL) may develop autoantibodies to IgA after blood or intravenous immunoglobulin infusions and may experience anaphylaxis on repeat exposure. Elevated serum IgA levels are associated with infection, inflammation, or IgA monoclonal gammopathy. Method In this nephelometric method, anti-human IgA binds to IgA in the patient sample, forming an insoluble complex. The amount of light scattered by this insoluble complex is proportional to the concentration of IgA present in the sample.   ********************************************************************
    • Thanks for yoUr response GFinDC. For what it's worth,  I've eaten gluten daily for at a minimum of 10 weeks now. I have to taste at work, and initiallyni noticed no ill effect until after I'd been consuming it regularly over a period of time. Shortly before I initially went gluten free, I was suffering from unexplainable stomach cramping and issues that did go away when I quit gluten. It didn't come back until just the past couple of weeks though and now I'm remembering how painful, uncomfortable, and smelly the whole situation was 😂    Can you explain what the reflex test (the one I tested above range in) is? 
    • Hi, just looking for some advice as I'm still learning. I'm looking to go to Kenya next week and I'm quite stressed about the journey, I'm not too bothered about while I'm there as I should mostly be able to eat fresh fruit, vegetables and meat. What's the deal with chips (fries) in fast food places and restaurants, should they always be avoided? And how about rice? I've seen packets before that say may contain gluten. Thanks
    • Update! Had my appointment today and the doctor said she was going to order a full celiac panel without me even having to request it! I was overall impressed with how well my doctor handled this and listened to my concerns rather than writing them off like some people's doctors have.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member