Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  




Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:




Ads by Google:






   Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Flushed Face, Too?
0

7 posts in this topic

Thanks again everyone! I'm now trying to figure out my red flushed face. It comes and goes and now has happened after the "lasagna" incident. But here it is 5 days later and eating (not every meal ) will bring out a red flushed burning face and lips........of course like an allergic reaction? Can't link it to dairy cause I skipped that today, too......help!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ads by Google:

I used to get that when I would have sugary drinks and it was before I was diagnosed. For me it was when I also had bad bacteria in my stomach and I think the sugar would make it react. Maybe try to keep track of when it happens also wouldnt hurt to do a cycle of some anti-bacterials like raw garlic, oil of oregano type of thing. once i got rid of the bad bacteria red face stopped.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rosacea can do that also--- another autoimmune disorder! Nightshade vegetables have caused some irritations of the skin .

For me at times I can eat a food my itself but when I add another food with it something weird happens & I have a terrible reaction..... go figure exept I'm very sensitive to planet earth......

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks again everyone! I'm now trying to figure out my red flushed face. It comes and goes and now has happened after the "lasagna" incident. But here it is 5 days later and eating (not every meal ) will bring out a red flushed burning face and lips........of course like an allergic reaction? Can't link it to dairy cause I skipped that today, too......help!!!

I get a different kind of flushed face (just a feeling of heat) which I can't figure out either, but I've been reading up, and here are the results of that research. Don't be alarmed; I'm not suggesting that any or all of these apply to you. They're just possibilities.

Niacin overdose (last paragraph; seems unlikely): http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec01/ch004/ch004d.html

Hypoglycemia (more likely me than you): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactive_hypoglycemia

Burning mouth (hope this isn't it): http://mayoclinic.com/health/burning-mouth...ECTION=symptoms

Suspect that one of the suggestions already posted probably is right, but just wanted you to see these. I like to think that none of them are likely culprits, but you never know. Good luck.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I know this one!

This is a food allergy reaction to MSG, sulfites/ sulfates and nitrates/nitrites-- in my case at least. There may be other things that do this to you guys in particular, but for me these are the culprits. It can actually feel like a sunburn and it shows up roughly 20-40 minutes after eating whatever it was. It might last a couple of hours.

This can actually be the beginnnings of a serious allergic reaction and it will get worse. I would put in a serous effort to figure out what it is you are reacting to so you can eliminate it. These things are in processed foods.

Go to about.com and check out these three allergies-- they have a list of common foods these things are in.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Oh, I know this one!

This is a food allergy reaction to MSG, sulfites/ sulfates and nitrates/nitrites-- in my case at least. There may be other things that do this to you guys in particular, but for me these are the culprits. It can actually feel like a sunburn and it shows up roughly 20-40 minutes after eating whatever it was. It might last a couple of hours.

This can actually be the beginnnings of a serious allergic reaction and it will get worse. I would put in a serous effort to figure out what it is you are reacting to so you can eliminate it. These things are in processed foods.

Go to about.com and check out these three allergies-- they have a list of common foods these things are in.

Wow I get that too,and alot,even after going gluten-free. After I eat,my face feels warm,and its RED.I have even been to a dermitologist. Can anyone pinpoint this??

Chuck

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, you have to figure out which chemical is the culprit.

Start with msg. You can buy it (the actually sell it as a flavor enhancer) or you can get a soup or a fish sauce that has it in it and eat a little bit. If you get the reaction, then you know.

The same for nitrates and sulfites. If you go to the about.com site for food allergies and search these, it gives you a list of the foods that have them in it.

Nitrates are in most lunch meats, for example. Sulfites and in vineagar, wine, dried fruit, etc.

You might have more than one-- I have the holy trinity. Of the three, sulfites are probably the most dangerous, but msg is pretty bad too.

Good luck figuring it out!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
0