3 replies to this topic

#1 modiddly16

modiddly16

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:19 AM

I spent my weekend winery hopping in Hershey, PA with my boyfriend this past weekend and thanks to his IPHONE and an app called "Gluten Freed"...we stumbled upon Pizza Sorrento. It's around the corner from the Hershey Lodge and they office gluten free pizza's as well as pasta dishes. I got the pizza and it was great! It's so nice to be able to go out and enjoy a nice Italian restaurant (it was much fancier than I anticipated) while on vacation. I highly recommend anyone trying this place if they're in the area!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jststric

jststric

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:19 AM

what a cool app!!!! Those things are amazing! Sure wish glutens were my only issue! Glad you were able to enjoy a wonderful vacation!!

#3 lpellegr

lpellegr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:20 PM

If you go into Hershey Park, the gluten-free pizza at the Minetown Cafe is really good, and bigger than what all the "normal" people are eating!
Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

#4 phightin phils

phightin phils

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:49 AM

We went to Piazza Sorrento on Saturday. It is the third time we have been there, and it was amazing. My gluten-free wife and sister in law are delighted when a gluten-free roll is automatically baked for gluten-free guests. Anything on the menu can be made gluten-free. My wife loves the lasagna and fettucine alfredo. She had a wonderful gluten-free tiramisu for dessert (creme brulee is available also). They even have a live accordion player on Saturdays!

The only bad thing...we went again on Sunday and they were closed, so we had to settle for Red Robin in Hershey. I would highly recommend for any celiacs who need an "Italian Food" fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: