This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Zeers Website

twe0708

twe0708 Community Regular

I am on Zeer's website which is very helpful. I am wondering if you are only allowed to get the foods that have check marks (which means Labled as gluten free) or is it ok to get the products with a question mark (which means Appears to be gluten free). I am newly diagnosed so trying to figure out just how picky you have to be when buying products.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

I am on Zeer's website which is very helpful. I am wondering if you are only allowed to get the foods that have check marks (which means Labled as gluten free) or is it ok to get the products with a question mark (which means Appears to be gluten free). I am newly diagnosed so trying to figure out just how picky you have to be when buying products.

There isn't anyone out there who has used this website?

mama3122006 Newbie
There isn't anyone out there who has used this website?

What is the web address?

LDJofDenver Apprentice

I don't subscribe to the Zeer service, but this is their own explanation of things marked with a question mark:

"...For this reason, some products that appear to be gluten free based on ingredients may contain some gluten due to cross-contamination, and would be unsafe for people with celiac disease. The strictness of your diet with regard to cross-contamination is a matter of individual judgment in consultation with your medical and nutrition clinicians. Please read our note on cross-contamination and voluntary allergen advisory statements for more information."

In other words, the decision is up to you. You'll, no doubt, find out by trial and error if you use mainstream products that are "processed on equipment that also processes _______ (fill in the blank)."

I used to use such products pretty freely but got nailed a couple times. And, in spite of how careful I thought I was being, had trouble getting levels down in my blood work (it all adds up, you know, those ppm!). Now I stick to certified gluten free items, gluten-free baked goods that are made ONLY in a facility that is entirely gluten-free, or the ones that state the product is processed on shared equipment but is batch-tested for gluten (or strict protocols are in place for strip down and cleaning in between, etc.).

For me, it just got to the point that it really wasn't worth the risk. So I just select another option that thata has no "ifs" about it.

hannahp57 Contributor

i never heard if it before today. is it like a database or more like a blgsite?

zeer.com It's a site that lists foods that are gluten fee and shows which foods you should stay away from. This website (the one we are on) recommended it.

• 1 year later...
lucky97 Explorer

Right but it's a pay site, like five bucks a month. Perhaps the question is

1. Does anybody have a subscription to it and like it?

2. Is it accurate?

3. Is the information worth five bucks a month? I don't know, I kind of thought that was kinda crappy to charge people for information that helps them not get sick

or worse. Just my first impression, though.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 4 months later...
Coolclimates Collaborator

I just came across this website, too. It does seem really annoying that you have to pay a $5 fee per month to get any results. I see that this thread hasn't been opened recently at all. What are some other people's impressions of this site? Is it really worth paying $5 a month for?

• 1 month later...
AmandaM83 Newbie

I found this site irritating. I had a paid membership for a month and half the time the sign in server didn't work. When I did get signed in, the products I wanted to check out (like something with natural flavors in it) they hadn't done the research with the company so they didn't know any more than I did by simply reading the label. I've had better luck Googling and finding info from a manufacturors website or in here where's someone posts info where a company emails them Back.

That was my experience, hopefully mine was on the worse end of things

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for sharing your experience, Amanda. I don't think I will subscribe to this site, then. I just don't have the money...not to mention all the extra money I have to pay for doctor's visits, tests and special gluten free products!

• 4 months later...
mantis4 Newbie

thanks for sharing your experience, Amanda. I don't think I will subscribe to this site, then. I just don't have the money...not to mention all the extra money I have to pay for doctor's visits, tests and special gluten free products!

I have used Zeer since the end of 2009 as a basic member. I compare ingredients listed on the products against what Zeer presents. I would have to say they are more accurate than the brands websites, or grocery store websites. Reviewing the nutrition label and the ingredient list, I have to say they are 95-98% accurate. I do not know what info is in Zeer Select, as I do not want to put my credit card number over the internet, and there is no contact info or phone number for customer service.

mantis4 Newbie

In addition, Zeer's server has been down for several weeks now, IE can not display the page. I do not know if they are doing upgrades or maintenance, but their site should not be down for this long. If Zeer.com works for you, please send me a note.

certainly doesn't sound worth it to me. If it was free and the server was down, it would be one thing. But it's super annoying if you pay that amount of $ only to have a bad website.

psawyer Proficient

It appears to be a dead site. The registration is still valid, hidden behind a proxy. DNS finds a non-responsive server address at 174.129.224.137 - but it doesn't lead to much. The reverse trace is to: ec2-174-129-224-137.compute-1.amazonaws.com. That domain is similar to the well-known one named like the biggest river in South America, but is not a match and might be intentionally misleading.

If you sent them money, you are probably out of luck.

:(

domesticactivist Collaborator

Not intentionally misleading - that site we can't say offers web hosting and other technical services and the adress you list is legit. But that said it looks like zeers is defunct.

Archived