This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Chronic Pancreatitis And Chronic Cholecystitis

registrationform

registrationform Newbie

Hello

Please to do not fear providing me a technical reply. I'd prefer it actually :)

I'm 25 year old male with celiac disease. After months of religious diet work,

I feel about 90% better. I am still quite tired some days and bloated, however that is about it.

My recent x-rays show me more detail and I'm also afflicted with what I'm told is chronic pancreatitis and chronic cholecystitis.

I would like to know the prevalence of both in regards to manifestation of celiac.

Specifically in regards to someone with a genetic predisposition to diabetes, gallbladder issues, and celiac in particular.

Further more I am finding much relief in herbal remedies that are specifically for these ailments.

They work well however the problem resumes in full force if I stop taking them.

I think I am just looking to see how commonplace this associated set of problems is with celiac.

Maybe someone has encounter a similar situation and seen it remedy itself in time. Would be nice to know.

I thank you all for your time in reading my medical outline here.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFPamela Newbie

This is not a technical reply, but I've been searching for answers for the past few weeks and I stumbled onto Ron Hoggan's "Gallbladder Disease and Celiac Disease" here at Celiac.com. Very enlightening. My mother, sister and brother have all had gallbladder disease and an older sister is a celiac and has been gluten-free since infancy. Most of us, her siblings are finally beginning to understand the reason for our symptoms. Please read this article if you haven't already.

registrationform Newbie

I had not and will do so, thank you.

registrationform Newbie

Okay well the article you referenced @ https://www.celiac.com/articles/119/1/Gall-...ggan/Page1.html

It is very good and does confirm my thoughts.

Particularly:

Active celiac disease would be likely, then, to cause a reduction or a cessation of duodenal production of CCK.

makes me really eager to know when if ever cck production will return to normal.

It seems to me that this is the issue I have in full. I'd like the damn thing to stay

inside me where it belongs and to continue intake/outake as it should normally.

Anyone know when CCK (cholecystokinin) the hormone responsible for gall bladder contraction,

returns to doing it's damn job? :)

Thank you.

rawvegan Newbie
Hello

Please to do not fear providing me a technical reply. I'd prefer it actually :)

I'm 25 year old male with celiac disease. After months of religious diet work,

I feel about 90% better. I am still quite tired some days and bloated, however that is about it.

My recent x-rays show me more detail and I'm also afflicted with what I'm told is chronic pancreatitis and chronic cholecystitis.

I would like to know the prevalence of both in regards to manifestation of celiac.

Specifically in regards to someone with a genetic predisposition to diabetes, gallbladder issues, and celiac in particular.

Further more I am finding much relief in herbal remedies that are specifically for these ailments.

They work well however the problem resumes in full force if I stop taking them.

I think I am just looking to see how commonplace this associated set of problems is with celiac.

Maybe someone has encounter a similar situation and seen it remedy itself in time. Would be nice to know.

I thank you all for your time in reading my medical outline here.

Hey there,

I'm curious about your pancreatitis diagnosis and herbal supplements. I was also diagnosed, by chance, with two tiny pancreatic cysts. I believe it's a by-product of the undiagnosed celiac disease leading to excessive stress on my digestive organs, and consequently a pool of toxic storage via the cysts, but of course, there is no way of ever truly knowing.

Having read extensively about pancreatic cysts, I understand they can be a precursor for pancreatitis. What I'm wondering is how you were diagnosed with pancreatitis via xray. I was under the impression it is through the undeniable excruciating pain. Were you experiencing that and combined with the xray the diagnosis was reached? I ask because if there is too much fat in my diet, I can sometimes feel a "bruising" pain where my pancreas is located, but it's certainly not excruciating...

Also, as for the herbs you are taking. I was also taking a random combination, but I question their strength and pertinence at times. How do you know yours really work and if it's possible to quickly delineate, what are you taking?

More questions than technical answers I suppose...

registrationform Newbie
Hey there,

I'm curious about your pancreatitis diagnosis and herbal supplements. I was also diagnosed, by chance, with two tiny pancreatic cysts. I believe it's a by-product of the undiagnosed celiac disease leading to excessive stress on my digestive organs, and consequently a pool of toxic storage via the cysts, but of course, there is no way of ever truly knowing.

Having read extensively about pancreatic cysts, I understand they can be a precursor for pancreatitis. What I'm wondering is how you were diagnosed with pancreatitis via xray. I was under the impression it is through the undeniable excruciating pain. Were you experiencing that and combined with the xray the diagnosis was reached? I ask because if there is too much fat in my diet, I can sometimes feel a "bruising" pain where my pancreas is located, but it's certainly not excruciating...

Also, as for the herbs you are taking. I was also taking a random combination, but I question their strength and pertinence at times. How do you know yours really work and if it's possible to quickly delineate, what are you taking?

More questions than technical answers I suppose...

Hi, yes it was actually ultrasound not x-ray , sorry with the confusion.

In regards to the pancreatitis firstly. I was told that this was something very minor on my end.

Namely that the issue was such a problem with the gallbladder that it might have radiated to the pancreas as well.

My symptoms in terms of it are a dull ache that I must say is minor. I would not be shocked to discover these are

cysts though as the tax on the digestive organs is pretty severe it seems.

My pain with regards to the two organs is never severe but it is dull and in your face quickly.

I am mostly interested in seeing these digestive organs return to normal function which I would expect is the outcome.

As far as what I am taking to deal with the gallbladder in particular.

1. Allochol

- Allochol works as a bile-expelling agent decreases the processes of putrefaction and fermentation in the processes of putrefaction and fermentation in the intestines. It improves the secretion functions of the liver cells, and the motor activity of the digestive tract organs. Use in cases of chronic reactive hepatitis, inflammation of the bile duct, gallbladder, indigestion in the bile tracts, and constipation.

2. Hepatophytum

Pharmacodynamics. GEPATOFIT has a hepatoprotective action, improves the antitoxic function of the liver, increases bile secretion, has holespazmoliticheskim action (reducing the tone of the gallbladder and bile ducts) increases the concentration of bile acids and reduces the concentration of cholesterol, thereby changing the cholate-cholesterol ratio. Has a moderate hypoglycemic effect. contains the flowers of immortelle 12 grams of sand, grass Galegov 10 g drug, pot marigold flower 11 g, 10 g of nettle leaves, dandelion roots 12 g, thistle fruit 10 g, stacks of corn with stigmas 11 g, sashes 12 grams of beans, 12 grams of hips;

---

Unfortunetly because of where I am located the above options will certainly be unavailable at worse, quite differently named at best.

Hopefully it is still of some use because as of 2 days with them I am feeling a great sense of betterment.

oh and I wouldn't call those 2 herbal remedies random either :)

Archived