This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Wild Dreams

Amyleigh0007

Amyleigh0007 Enthusiast

For the past several months I have been having the same dream. I eat loads of gluten filled food then suddenly realize I am eating food that is going to make me sick. I then get a feeling of dread and I wake up. Does anyone else have dreams like that? I am not tempted at all by off limits food so I'm not sure why I keep having this dream.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ilikechaitea04 Newbie
For the past several months I have been having the same dream. I eat loads of gluten filled food then suddenly realize I am eating food that is going to make me sick. I then get a feeling of dread and I wake up. Does anyone else have dreams like that? I am not tempted at all by off limits food so I'm not sure why I keep having this dream.

Oh my goodness I feel your pain! I have these gluten filled nightmares as well! Just the other night I dreamnt I ate a bunch of oatmeal cookies...and I've had a few about my family contaminating my food and me not knowing and stuff like that. No fun.

runningcrazy Contributor

I've had dreams where i take a bite of pizza and remember what i'm eating and spit it out and wipe my tongue and being freaked out that i'll be sick soon.

I've had other dreams of taking a bite of something im unsure about and then freaking out.

I have dreams like that a lot, and the thing is ive only been gluten free a month

luciddream928 Explorer

I had a nightmare the other night that I ate a whole peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I woke up feeling really guilty and realized it was just a dream... I often have dreams like that when I think I've been glutened. Sometimes I'll have the dream and realize a day or two later that I'm not feeling well. I've been gluten free for about a year.

ang1e0251 Contributor

Do we dream about what we fear the most?

scoobydoobydoo Newbie

yes, i have those exact same dreams :lol:

no-more-muffins Apprentice

I dream about that too. It is sad that we can't even enjoy gluteny foods in our dreams.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ahorsesoul Enthusiast

When I first went gluten free I dreamed I was crawling down the hallway, raising my hand toward the ceiling, begging for a cracker. I just knew if I didn' t have a cracker I was going to have a seizure. It was so real for a dream.

So the next morning when I woke up I did eat one saltine cracker. It's the last one I've had in over 8 years that contained gluten. Funny that I dreamed that because I've never had a seizure and didn't like saltine crackers.

scoobydoobydoo Newbie

i dreamed i was eating basketfulls of bread and butter. all of a sudden i remembered that i was not supposed to eat bread, wondered how i could have forgotten and panicked.

another time after buying gluten free pancake mix, i dreamed that i accidentally made regular pancakes and ate all of them before realizing i had used the wrong mix.

definately produced by anxiety.

LuvMoosic4life Collaborator

haha, yes I have had gluten dreams- many! Most of the time I start getting sick in the dream though ! no fun!

Googles Community Regular

I have had a number of gluten filled nighmares. Either of being forced to eat gluten filled food, forgetting that I can't have it and then remembering after I ate it, or accidentally eating something with gluten in it. They all end up bad.

cmom Contributor

I have dreamed of eating a whole pizza or a hamburger with the bun and then realizing I shouldn't have and wondering how and when I am going to be sick. It is such a relief when I wake up and know that I really didn't do it! :)

jabberwife Explorer

I've had dreams like this...where I'll be walking through the kitchen, or at a party, etc. and mindlessly grabbing something like pizza or a cookie or something gluten-y, and mindlessly putting it in my mouth, only to then realize what I've done. (I actually in the past have been a mindless muncher, so this seems so very likely for me) It's funny how anxious we all are about this!

Archived