2 replies to this topic

#1 Laurelf

Laurelf

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:50 PM

I've been off gluten for a full week now, but I still get very bad gas pains. Is this normal? Or does it mean something other than gluten has been causing my symptoms? Since going g.f., I have had more energy and my skin symptoms are clearing, but no relief with the gas- no matter what I eat, the pain starts about 30 min to an hour later.

What does detox feel like?

Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 runningcrazy

runningcrazy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:55 PM

I've been off gluten for a full week now, but I still get very bad gas pains. Is this normal? Or does it mean something other than gluten has been causing my symptoms? Since going g.f., I have had more energy and my skin symptoms are clearing, but no relief with the gas- no matter what I eat, the pain starts about 30 min to an hour later.

What does detox feel like?

Thanks.

I'm sorry I really don't has an answer I'd just like to day I'm gluten free 1 1/2 months now and I've been feeling better in energy and headaches are gone but my bloating is awful. Everytime I eat my stomah grows. I wake up with a slightly bloated stomach, and everytime I eat it just grows to the poirnt where the end of the day I am huge and sick and heating pads and stuff. My main symptom was unbelievably stubborn constipation which I don't think is fixed that's why I'm so bloated, I go daily(now that school has started I haven't been!) but I think I'm so backed up. All of this and I'm only 13.
Wow that really didn't answer you I just wanted to let you know that your not tv only one who didn't miracly have all of their problems immediatley go away(hopefully they will soon)
Good luck and I'm iterested in hearing the answers you get from these helpful people
'You can't start building a better tomorrow if you wait until tomorrow to start building'

#3 ang1e0251

ang1e0251

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:59 AM

Are either of you eating alternate grains? They really do a number on me. How about dairy? At first you should not eat dairy as most of us have damaged villi that cannot tolerate dairy.

I would suggest to both you to give up dairy first. See if you see improvement in a few days. If not stop the grains and see how you feel. It's the only way to know.

People with withdrawals seem to describe them as even more intense gluten symptoms. Anyone know more than that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: