Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

How Many With celiac disease Have A Short 5th Finger ?

29 posts in this topic

This should be interesting.

The thought only came about because my youngest daughter, suffers Flatulence (smelly) and Diarrhoea.

She had the blood tests but doesn't have the Coeliac antibodies,

though she did suffer with Epilepsy when younger.

I noticed she has a short fifth finger like myself and I advised her to have the Genetic Test

(for Pre-Disposition to Coeliac Disease)

Here's my question how many of the people out there have the 'Short' fifth finger??

3925748740_0357a8f0b2.jpg

Best Regards,

David

Ads by Google:

Well, I do have that shorter finger. But I've totally depressed half the people in my office. They are all checking their finger lengths and alot of them have the short 5th finger. Now they are all wondering what disease they have!

Hmmm so not everybody has a short fifth finger?

If the top of the small finger falls below the Distal joint on the ring finger, then it's unusual !!

Short4thFinger.jpg

Best Regards,

David

I have the short fifth finger but didn't find anything when I googled so do you have a link to share?

I have the short fifth finger but didn't find anything when I googled so do you have a link to share?

Here's an Interesting PDF Slide Show check the whole lot.

the reference for short 'Pinky' is on pages 51 and 52

PDF Slide Show Gluten Sensitivity

Best Regards,

David

The Photograph is from an unrelated item and only used as a visual example.

Best Regards,

David

Interesting--both my fifth fingers are short--the left one being even shorter than the right.

Interesting--both my fifth fingers are short--the left one being even shorter than the right.

I think it's time to update the avs and show pinky fingers . . . :P

How fun. My right is shorter than the left but both are short according this info.

When I was in nursing school, our instructor celebrated her 40th year in nursing. She had all kinds of info like this that she shared with us. The only one I remember is that if a patient has black hairs growing in his ears they may be prone to heart problems. I did ask patients if they had heart problems if I saw those black hairs. Yes, they all had heart problems.

Interesting, my left finger is at the line of my ring finger and my right pinky is about 1/4 " shorter then the line on my right hand. I have Discoid Lupus, SLE Lupus and Celiac Disease. Hmmmmm <_<

Not sure how accurate this is...both of my pinky fingers are shorter, and I do not have a celiac diagnosis, I am gluten intolerant though.

There is also something about foreheads that is suppose to mean celiac...can't remember what it is though.

I think it's time to update the avs and show pinky fingers . . . :P

Perhaps we all have Morton's Hands, now. . . .. ......

:huh::rolleyes:

There is also something about foreheads that is suppose to mean celiac...can't remember what it is though.

And long eyelashes - - there have been threads on this connection........

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.php?showtopic=54605

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/lofivers....php/t1344.html

Count me in the short pinky club. I used to be so proud of my long slender fingers, but now I learn that even my pinky is shorter than it's supposed to be. :D

How freaky, my pinky fingers are shorter then my ring finger's final crease and diagnosed celiac. One of my brothers so far, his is longer so I told him he's probably safe :P

There was a poll on this topic (short pinky fingers) which was started a couple of years back:

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.php?showtopic=38402

If you've never voted in it, please do so to improve the statistics!! :)

P.S. I have celiac, and both of my pinkies end well below the final joint of the fourth finger.

Wow.. well I have autoimmune disease but my pinky isn't like that, in fact it's above the last joint on my ring finger. I voted in the poll, seems I'm in the lowest percentile!

If the top of the small finger falls below the Distal joint on the ring finger, then it's unusual !!

Short4thFinger.jpg

Best Regards,

David

Oh wow! my left hand looks exactly like yours!!!!!!

Oh wow! my left hand looks exactly like yours!!!!!!

Dude, me too.

This should be interesting.

The thought only came about because my youngest daughter, suffers Flatulence (smelly) and Diarrhoea.

She had the blood tests but doesn't have the Coeliac antibodies,

though she did suffer with Epilepsy when younger.

I noticed she has a short fifth finger like myself and I advised her to have the Genetic Test

(for Pre-Disposition to Coeliac Disease)

Here's my question how many of the people out there have the 'Short' fifth finger??

3925748740_0357a8f0b2.jpg

Best Regards,

David

I had my son tested due to same reasons plus a big firm tummy and stomache pains but the test was negative now my sister has been confirmed with Celiac, is there any reason i should get my son tested again.

Yep, mine is shorter, going to check my daughters too.

My daughter has celiac disease and No short finger.

I had my son tested due to same reasons plus a big firm tummy and stomache pains but the test was negative now my sister has been confirmed with Celiac, is there any reason i should get my son tested again.

How old is your son, Codygirl? The Celiac tests are not always accurate, and are notoriously unreliable in young children (the younger they are, the more unreliable the tests).

You might want to try one of the genetic tests like MyCeliacID or Enterolab.com. Those results won't be skewed by DS's age.

By the way, my right pinky is short. I went and voted in the poll. My left pinky is "normal" but I broke my left hand in 3 places years ago so all my fingers on that hand are in different places than they used to be. It may be that my ring finger is recessed now, and that would skew the results.