2 replies to this topic

#1 dogle

dogle

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

I've been diagnosed with Celiac disease however I had never experienced a severe rash like this before. Both of my elbows have these itching bumps and they're spreading; I remember I was recently at a family party, someone offered me some alcoholic drinks and I clearly explained which drinks I am allow to drink however I was getting a little bit drunk and stopped minding the drinks being given to me. I think they gave me Vodka, Tequila and Rum. I was feeling gasy for a few days after the party but now I'm ok. Just an advice, besides getting a designated driver get also a designated drink advisor to speak on your behalf in "out-of-contro"l times. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:10 AM

Good advice. I could be the designated driver, but choosing the safe drinks, that's another story. There isn't any that I can drink anymore. :(
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#3 krawhitham

krawhitham

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:49 PM

Good advice. I could be the designated driver, but choosing the safe drinks, that's another story. There isn't any that I can drink anymore. :(

Just wondering darlindeb.... you can't even drink red wine? I've been wondering if that's one of my triggers, but I really don't see how it could be... I'm really hoping it's not because I enjoy a glass with dinner every once in a while...

But I can relate to the original poster - whenever I drink anything I'm not supposed to I get the severely itchy bumps on my elbows. Normally when I EAT something I shouldn't, it becomes more severely itchy on my armpits/groin/breasts area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: