9 replies to this topic

#1 Googles

Googles

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:57 PM

I have come to realize in the last couple of years (about the amount of time I've been having digestive issues- just diagnosed a couple of months ago,) that I have been really hot and sweaty. More so than other people around me. I can sit in front of the window air conditioner and be hot still. If I am in the rest of the room for me to be comfortable everyone else is cold. I always feel hot. I used to sweat so much at night, but that seems to have decreased when gluten free, but it still happens during the day. Does anyone know what this is or if it is related to food issues? Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:00 PM

I have come to realize in the last couple of years (about the amount of time I've been having digestive issues- just diagnosed a couple of months ago,) that I have been really hot and sweaty. More so than other people around me. I can sit in front of the window air conditioner and be hot still. If I am in the rest of the room for me to be comfortable everyone else is cold. I always feel hot. I used to sweat so much at night, but that seems to have decreased when gluten free, but it still happens during the day. Does anyone know what this is or if it is related to food issues? Thanks.

Are you overweight? Do you consume a lot of sugar? Sorry if too personal ;)

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#3 Googles

Googles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:26 PM

I'm a little over weight but as I seem to be loosing some weight now that I am not eating gluten (some just bloated) I am putting more on with my exercise so I seem to be staying the same. I don't eat a lot of sugar either. And the little bit i do comes from things like fruit not candy.

#4 Wolicki

Wolicki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

I'm a little over weight but as I seem to be loosing some weight now that I am not eating gluten (some just bloated) I am putting more on with my exercise so I seem to be staying the same. I don't eat a lot of sugar either. And the little bit i do comes from things like fruit not candy.

Age? Menopause maybe?
Gluten free is not so bad! If you are new, hang it there, it gets easier!

#5 Googles

Googles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:07 AM

Age? Menopause maybe?

Not unless I'm getting menopause in my early/mid 20s. :D Though that is what my friends always teased me about.

#6 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:47 AM

Thyroid could be another possibility

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#7 Twiggy

Twiggy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:02 AM

Yeah on the occasion when i accidently ate gluten i had a blazing hot face and body.I am always hot but then again i do have a faulty body thermostat due to hypothyroidism :( you should have a test with your GP

#8 Googles

Googles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:57 PM

Thank you everyone for your information. I will see when I can get into the student health center.

#9 MDRB

MDRB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:23 PM

Hmmm I seem to have a similar problem. Let me know what you find out!
Australian
Gluten Free Since mid March 2008
As well as gluten I can't eat: cantaloupe, honeydew, dairy and most nuts and seeds. I also seem to have a problem with a lot of fruits and vegetables but only when they are raw.

#10 Wolicki

Wolicki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:54 PM

I get hot when I have some newly cropped up food intolerance item. Peanut butter? My lower half from the waist to the toes gets really hot...maybe that?
Gluten free is not so bad! If you are new, hang it there, it gets easier!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: