21 replies to this topic

#16 ianm

ianm

Metal God

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 03:28 PM

I had symptoms that would come and go all of my life. In my mid-20's they started to become really severe. I didn't learn what was wrong until early 2004 at the age of 36 when I tried the Atkins diet. Dozens of doctors never once suggested a food intolerance. Since then my life has changed dramatically for the better. I am not the man I used to be at all and that is a GOOD thing.
If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?
Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.
Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 kings_kid

kings_kid

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 05:55 PM

I was diagnosed in 1999. I am also dairy intolerant, and have some problems with fruits as well
Gluten Free, Casien Free, Hypoglycemic, Corn Free, Fructose Intolerant, and Fruit intolerant (can handle in moderation) since 1999.. as well as having allergy induced Autism.. (mild form)

"Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God."
Matthew 4:4

#18 CrashLanden7

CrashLanden7

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:56 AM

This is my first post on the site, but I've been reading for a while. I live in Wyoming and feel like pretty much a loner up here. I am 20 years old and was diagnosed on my 14th birthday <_< , so... Gluten-Free for almost 7 years.

#19 dyingboy

dyingboy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:25 PM

hey guys i just got diagnosed for celiac today, it kinda sucks because my parents cooked a big meal and i couldnt have it. :blink:

#20 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:47 PM

I don't think it sucks. You will have to start cooking for yourself then.

My family would ahve their meals and I would make my own. I still make my own but now that my Mom and borther were diagnosed they eat glutenfree, too. I just prefer to cook my own food because I did before.

#21 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:15 AM

hey guys i just got diagnosed for celiac today, it kinda sucks because my parents cooked a big meal and i couldnt have it. :blink:

We don't have it that bad..we can still have alot of really good foods..you'll get used to it and realize it's not so bad.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#22 explodingmonkey

explodingmonkey

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 08:50 PM

sorry for having the rude account name before as "dyingboy" i found it a little offensive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: