This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Yeast Overgrowth (mouth, Vagina, Butt)

julu83

julu83 Newbie

I have lived my whole life off and on with vaginal yeast infections, and soreness around the anal area.

Last week, on the back of my tongue, I discover these white bumps. I went to my PCP and when he looked in my mouth, his first reaction was OOOOOOOOOOOO! I do not know what that is! Wow! Could he use a little bedside manners training. Needless to say, he gave me 2 scripts, one for Majic mouthwash and one for Nystatin. Wish I'd have filled the Nystatin 1st! The first script seemed to be doing nothing but numb my mouth and lips. So, after I filled the Nystatin and had taken it for 3 days, the white bumps are leaving very fast. Today, I had a dental cleaning and was told it was indeed a yeast overgrowth. I came home and after doing some research on wikapedia, I'm thinking I might have celiacs disease, because I have a lot of the symptoms.

I'm thinking maybe I need to follow the celiac diet and try a different approach to end this life long Yeast Infection Somewhere syndrome. Has anyone out there in cyber world ever shared any similar, long term, ongoing, chronic Yeast problems? I would appreciate any backfeed!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Kim Hopkins Rookie

I can relate to the yeast problems, although mine started after about 5 years of being on the gluten free diet and feeling good. Didn't know what was going on for so long - no doctors did either. I found the work of Dr. Crook (The Yeast Connections & Womens Health). It helped me a lot. I adjusted my diet and took Nystatin. Yeast overgrowth can be attributed to many different things - you might want to learn more about what it's connected to before just going gluten free. Hope this helps!

Kim

julu83 Newbie
I can relate to the yeast problems, although mine started after about 5 years of being on the gluten free diet and feeling good. Didn't know what was going on for so long - no doctors did either. I found the work of Dr. Crook (The Yeast Connections & Womens Health). It helped me a lot. I adjusted my diet and took Nystatin. Yeast overgrowth can be attributed to many different things - you might want to learn more about what it's connected to before just going gluten free. Hope this helps!

Kim

Thanks! So, where do I find this Dr. Crook and the womens yeast connection?

Judy

Kim Hopkins Rookie

I found it on Amazon. He's got other books, too. There is also a website www.yeastconnection.com

Good luck!

Thanks! So, where do I find this Dr. Crook and the womens yeast connection?

Judy

burdee Enthusiast

After treatment for a bladder infection during my 20s, I developed a vaginal yeast infection. My doctor just told me that switching to another antibiotic (for the bladder infection) would eliminate the yeast infection. 40 years ago most docs didn't understand the connection between antibiotic treatment and developing overgrowths from other 'bugs'. (Some modern docs STILL don't get it.) Nobody ever mentioned taking probiotics back then. Fortunately the vaginal yeast symptoms disappeared and I believed the doctor's logic.

However 30 years later when I give a stool test for bacteria, parasites and yeasts, I learned that I had candida overgrowth in my intestines. I had also endured candida symptoms during all those years. By that time I had been diagnosed with celiac and 6 otherfood allergies. So I did NOT want to limit my diet any more to treat candida. I didn't consume a lot of sugary treats, but I did consume fruits, which are often banned from 'anti-candida diets'. So I treated my candida with nystatin AND daily probiotics (to restore normal good bacteria to my gut as the yeast was killed by nystatin). Nystatin was very easy to take (after initial nausea symptoms for about 3 days). So I took nystatin for about 4 months. On the next stool test I had NO candida.

So I suggest you continue to treat your candida with nystatin. You don't need to follow a special resrictive diet, but you DO need to take high dose probiotics to restore your gut health as Nystatin kills off the candida.

SUE

I have lived my whole life off and on with vaginal yeast infections, and soreness around the anal area.

Last week, on the back of my tongue, I discover these white bumps. I went to my PCP and when he looked in my mouth, his first reaction was OOOOOOOOOOOO! I do not know what that is! Wow! Could he use a little bedside manners training. Needless to say, he gave me 2 scripts, one for Majic mouthwash and one for Nystatin. Wish I'd have filled the Nystatin 1st! The first script seemed to be doing nothing but numb my mouth and lips. So, after I filled the Nystatin and had taken it for 3 days, the white bumps are leaving very fast. Today, I had a dental cleaning and was told it was indeed a yeast overgrowth. I came home and after doing some research on wikapedia, I'm thinking I might have celiacs disease, because I have a lot of the symptoms.

I'm thinking maybe I need to follow the celiac diet and try a different approach to end this life long Yeast Infection Somewhere syndrome. Has anyone out there in cyber world ever shared any similar, long term, ongoing, chronic Yeast problems? I would appreciate any backfeed!!!!

mommida Enthusiast

Chronic yeast infections have been linked to Celiac and other auto-immune diseases.

If you are going to get tested for Celiac you have to continue eating gluten until the testing is done.

Archived