Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Symptoms....am I Doing Everything ?

5 posts in this topic

About a year ago I was undergoing my first real bad sickness, a sinus infection. Eventually one night I started to burp a lot and I lost my breath...Since then for a year everyday I live with a shortness of breath, sometimes its not that bad (but i'm still not breathing normal) and other times its a struggle to get a breath. It doesn't seem life threatening, because i'v never had to go for the hospital for it, or have passed out. I under went a lot of tests and back about agust 26th of this year, I found out that I had celiac Disease. Since then to today I have been doing a gluten free diet...Purchasing gluten free items, items that arn't processed where wheat is and etc. I'v also been making myself my own food. I have been on this diet for about a month now, and I'm not seeing any improvements. I also seem to maintain a lot of phlegm goop as well as yellow goop here and there. This all started when I was 17, and I'm now 18. I often feel a lot of goop in my throat that feels almost impossible to get rid of. I feel as if I breathe, and I feel it in my throat.

This has gotten on my nerves not being able to fully breath probably, and makes a lot of things difficult for me, especially experiencing all this goop, i hate it...

Can this all be occuring because of my celiac disease ? Before I was diagnosed with celiac disease I ate out a lotttttt, with a pretty bad diet.

Can anyone relate to this feeling, or maybe something is actually triggering all these issues I have ? Like I said its been about a month with no improvements, I also get the bloating and stomache pains which are horrid ontop of the shortness of breath, and sometimes I have to spit a lot.

I go to school, and I work a lot of hours, and its hard to get by when you feel this shortness of breath all the time and feel congested and tight chested.

Other Symptoms include : Ear Pressure / pain, Watery eyes that I have to shut and I get a tremor sorta feeling through my ears/head at the same time. Hard to focus.... I'll try looking at something say right now at the computer screen, and I get a feeling of fog like i can't focus clearly on the screen, and often feel like i lose my train of thought, i'll feel out of it, i feel dizzy, and sort of disoriented, I really hate this feeling, because it sorta just makes you feel like your isolated and things are a blur to you while someone else may see things clearly/ I'll get muscle pains, and Tingly and shaky. Often have stomache pain feelings like....i can't let my stomache hang because it'll hurt, but also I just can't relax it cause i feel pain. I feel tired and weak.

Ads by Google:

Some of us are more sensitive to processed foods than others. You could try a diet of totally non processed foods for awhile and see if that helps. Also wash everything carefully before eating it. And check soaps shampoos etc. for gluten. I hope you feel better soon.

About a year ago I was undergoing my first real bad sickness, a sinus infection. Eventually one night I started to burp a lot and I lost my breath...Since then for a year everyday I live with a shortness of breath, sometimes its not that bad (but i'm still not breathing normal) and other times its a struggle to get a breath. It doesn't seem life threatening, because i'v never had to go for the hospital for it, or have passed out. I under went a lot of tests and back about agust 26th of this year, I found out that I had celiac Disease. Since then to today I have been doing a gluten free diet...Purchasing gluten free items, items that arn't processed where wheat is and etc. I'v also been making myself my own food. I have been on this diet for about a month now, and I'm not seeing any improvements. I also seem to maintain a lot of phlegm goop as well as yellow goop here and there. This all started when I was 17, and I'm now 18. I often feel a lot of goop in my throat that feels almost impossible to get rid of. I feel as if I breathe, and I feel it in my throat.

This has gotten on my nerves not being able to fully breath probably, and makes a lot of things difficult for me, especially experiencing all this goop, i hate it...

Can this all be occuring because of my celiac disease ? Before I was diagnosed with celiac disease I ate out a lotttttt, with a pretty bad diet.

Can anyone relate to this feeling, or maybe something is actually triggering all these issues I have ? Like I said its been about a month with no improvements, I also get the bloating and stomache pains which are horrid ontop of the shortness of breath, and sometimes I have to spit a lot.

I go to school, and I work a lot of hours, and its hard to get by when you feel this shortness of breath all the time and feel congested and tight chested.

Other Symptoms include : Ear Pressure / pain, Watery eyes that I have to shut and I get a tremor sorta feeling through my ears/head at the same time. Hard to focus.... I'll try looking at something say right now at the computer screen, and I get a feeling of fog like i can't focus clearly on the screen, and often feel like i lose my train of thought, i'll feel out of it, i feel dizzy, and sort of disoriented, I really hate this feeling, because it sorta just makes you feel like your isolated and things are a blur to you while someone else may see things clearly/ I'll get muscle pains, and Tingly and shaky. Often have stomache pain feelings like....i can't let my stomache hang because it'll hurt, but also I just can't relax it cause i feel pain. I feel tired and weak.

Have you had a complete metabolic panel done? If not, get to your PCP and get a full blood workup to check vitamins, minerals and red and white blood cells- you need to make sure you don't have an imbalance/deficiency/infection of some sort. That's where i would start if I were you. I hope you feel better soon. BTW, ask for a copy of your results!

I see you have only been gluten-free for a month. It can take awhile to see everything resolved, so give it some more time.

Do you still eat dairy? You could try to go without dairy products for awhile and see if that helps with the mucus problem. Dairy has been linked with increased mucus production. Or you could try to keep a food journal. I know you are busy and it's one more thing, but it could help you to figure out if there is another food that is causing you problems.

Hope you get to the bottom of this all!

Have you considered the possibilith of other food allergies? I'd consider an elimination diet.