22 replies to this topic

#16 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:00 PM

Del, I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. The suggestions given for your GI issues are all good ones and I hope that you can get some relief from that. Yes, stress can affect even the strongest stomach :(

Please know that you and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers. I wish him the strength to fight and fight hard!

Take care :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Del

Del

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:12 PM

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayers!!!
I didn't come on here today looking for support but I sure found it....thank you all so much!!!
Keep praying!

Del

#18 ang1e0251

ang1e0251

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:43 AM

Just to add to the mention of peppermints. I just eat peppermint candies, portable and soothing. So sorry this mountain has been put into your life. I'll visualize you both reaching the summit and heading down the healing side.

#19 Del

Del

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:13 AM

Thanks for the tip and bless you for the kind words! Keep praying please!!!
Del

Del

#20 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:45 AM

I can't thank you enough, Susan, for your prayers....we are relying on the prayers of many!!!

Our anthem/battle cry is this"

Lord, this time you've given us a mountain
A mountain we're going to climb
Lord, please carry Bruce up that mountain
To the top and down the healing side!

Hope everyone on here sees that and joins us in the battle!!!
Del

What a beautiful verse, Del! I wish much strength and all the healing powers for you and your hubby. Take a deep breath and go for walks when the stress builds up....it really does help. Bless you both.

#21 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:09 AM

What a beautiful verse, Del! I wish much strength and all the healing powers for you and your hubby. Take a deep breath and go for walks when the stress builds up....it really does help. Bless you both.

Just don't walk too far from the house.... speaking from experience...

When my father was diagnosed with cancer, I went through a 96 pill bottle of imodium in three weeks. Didn't help much, but it was all I had at the time. I can tell you that my mother, who was my father's caretaker during his illness until his death, very much needed me. She needed my support, the things I did around the house while they were gone, and for me to be of some help taking care of Daddy, because it made him feel better to have me there too. Do you have anyone in your life who can be YOUR helper, Del? I say ask, because it really will help relieve the burden, especially with your food restrictions.

A few links to herbal stuff that may help your tummy more than Imodium.

http://www.mothernat...Books/15/31.cfm

I read through this one and the nutrition and supplement advice is very good, scroll down to get to it.

http://www.health911...es/rem_diar.htm
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#22 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:26 AM

Just don't walk too far from the house.... speaking from experience...

When my father was diagnosed with cancer, I went through a 96 pill bottle of imodium in three weeks. Didn't help much, but it was all I had at the time. I can tell you that my mother, who was my father's caretaker during his illness until his death, very much needed me. She needed my support, the things I did around the house while they were gone, and for me to be of some help taking care of Daddy, because it made him feel better to have me there too. Do you have anyone in your life who can be YOUR helper, Del? I say ask, because it really will help relieve the burden, especially with your food restrictions.

A few links to herbal stuff that may help your tummy more than Imodium.

http://www.mothernat...Books/15/31.cfm

I read through this one and the nutrition and supplement advice is very good, scroll down to get to it.

http://www.health911...es/rem_diar.htm

Not really sure what your point was but taking walks is a huge stress reliever and gives a person some breaks from all the daily regimens that must be followed during treatments. You need to step outside and deep breath good air and have the sunshine hit your face for half an hour or so. Obviously if a person is having diarrhea, they should seek medical intervention because 3 weeks of that is not good in and of itself.

#23 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:35 AM

Not really sure what your point was but taking walks is a huge stress reliever and gives a person some breaks from all the daily regimens that must be followed during treatments. You need to step outside and deep breath good air and have the sunshine hit your face for half an hour or so. Obviously if a person is having diarrhea, they should seek medical intervention because 3 weeks of that is not good in and of itself.

My point was that if you have intermittent diarrhea and you're a half mile from the house, you're not gonna make it back in time if you have to go. I was not disputing the therapeutic nature of the outdoors, in fact I agree with you. Such therapy becomes ineffective when you've crapped your pants. I was merely recommending she stay close to home.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: