Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Oikos Greek Yogurt

6 posts in this topic

I saw Oikos (Stonyfield Farms) yogurts for the first time at a local store yesterday. Since I have had trouble with Dannon yogurt in the past and don't care too much for most Yoplait, I emailed Stonyfield Farms. Not one hour after I emailed them, I got this:

Hello Monica,

Thanks for contacting us about our gluten-free products. We know that

choosing foods can be difficult for those with celiac disease, and we

Ads by Google:

The only Dannon yougurt that is gluten-free is the plain......Hope you like the greek yougurt....

The only Dannon yougurt that is gluten-free is the plain......Hope you like the greek yougurt....

Yeah that was kind of the trouble. It was one of those products that, right after my diagnosis, I figured couldn't have gluten in it... then I sent an email and found out that most flavors did in fact have gluten. Now I've gotten in the habit of emailing or calling when in doubt.

After receiving this email I did try vanilla flavored Oikos... it was good (but not as good as Chobani)! :)

Yeah that was kind of the trouble. It was one of those products that, right after my diagnosis, I figured couldn't have gluten in it... then I sent an email and found out that most flavors did in fact have gluten. Now I've gotten in the habit of emailing or calling when in doubt.

After receiving this email I did try vanilla flavored Oikos... it was good (but not as good as Chobani)! smile.gif

I wanted to thank you for your post about Oikos Greek yogurt.  I bought it for the first time and could not find the gluten-free symbol. 

So I called Dannon (877-326-6668) and learned that there are 3 divisions of Oikos,  Stonyfield and Dannon greek yogurts are both

gluten free,  Not sure about the 3rd division.  My concern was that in southern California, Oikos yogurt is not marked gluten free.

The nice voice at Dannon told me that they got their gluten free cert a few months ago but the packaging hasn't caught up yet.

That was good enough for me. 

Thanks again.

Oikos yoghurt is definitely gluten-free.  I have been eating it for a long time and I am very sensitive.  The gluten-free symbol is extremely small and easily missed but it's there.

They have a caramel flavor that is vanilla with a caramel based bottom......tastes just like creme brulee.  Yum!

I've been wanting to try oikos, glad to know some are gluten free!