Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Iron Supplements And Insomnia

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:08 AM

May 12, 2005

Dear Kaiti:

Thank you for your interest in Solgar Vitamin and Herb. We have recently received an overwhelming amount of phone inquiries. My apologies for any inconvenience you experienced while trying to phone us.

Solgar works to eliminate as many allergens as possible from our products. In regards to your question about gluten, the following lists the Solgar products that DO CONTAIN gluten:

Cholesterol Support Tablets
Brewer's Yeast Tablets
Earth Source Multi-Nutrient Tablets
Earth Source Greens and More Powder
Earth Source Greens and More Tablets
Formula VM-2000 Tablets
Kangavites™ Multivitamin Chewable Tablets
Kangavites™ Vitamin C 100mg Chewable Tablets
Miller's Bran Tablets 500 mg
Multiple Fiber Formula Vegetable Capsules
Oat Bran Tablets 750 mg
Optein™ Wellness Powder

At this point in time, the other products in Solgar's product line are gluten-free.

As always, please consult with your healthcare practitioner to determine your particular needs.

I hope you find the above information helpful. If you have any further questions,
please contact the Product Information Center at 1-877-765-4274.

Thank you for choosing Solgar for your nutritional supplement needs.

Very truly yours,
SOLGAR VITAMIN & HERB

Elaine Ferraro
Consumer Affairs
Product Information Center
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 sillyken

sillyken

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:22 PM

:D Thank you Kaiti. You're the bomb!

Ken

#18 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:20 PM

Also I recently started taking NatureMade vitamins and supplements. I take their multivitamin, B12, calcium/magnesium and fish oil and they are all clearly labeled gluten free. They're inexpensive- I get them at CVS. But Solgar is really high quality too. Beverly (PS kaiti really is the bomb!)

#19 julie5914

julie5914

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:56 AM

I didn't have trouble with iron tablets and sleep except for when they would make my stomach hurt, which would in turn wake me up. Sometimes I would take a benedryl with them to help me sleep, which worked. I only did that though cause I knew I was on the pills short term. Most of my sleeping problems were due to the anemia before the iron started working - some cramping, restless legs, temperature changes during the night. At the same time, when I woke in the morning, I felt like I had a huge weight on me and didn't want to get up. Iron pills can also make you have stomach or esophogus convulsions. They bothered me so much during the day that I started taking them at night on an empty stomach hoping I would sleep through the side effects. I was on Ferrex 150.
Blood work positive
Dx with IBS 5 years ago
Dx with Celiac and gluten-free since 6/17/05

#20 tammy

tammy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:18 PM

Thank you for sharing your sleeping remedies..it helped! I recently started having an increased inability to fall asleep once I went to bed. I thought that perhaps taking my calcium/magnesium supplement before bed would help to at least relax me enough to fall asleep sooner.

Tomorrow I will take my supplement before bed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: