Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Another Enterolab Question

5 posts in this topic

I'm confused about what I should eat or not eat prior to returning the Enterolab kit - I'm borrowing the money so I've gotta do this right the first time.

1. I had thought a gluten-free diet prior to the Enterolab tests was OK by them, but on Feb 20 gf4life said about her children -"keep them on gluten until the tests are sent off"- should I try and eat some gluten prior to the test kit being returned?

2. I will also be tested for egg, casein, and yeast sensitivities - I'm going to email them and ask if I should ingest those items prior to test - but do any of you know? This isn't addressed in the paperwork I received.

Also - When I think about the indifference of the few doctors I've seen in the past, and read how many people on this site are treated by physicians, I think I'm going to contact the local celiac support group ($15 a year and they have dinners!) and see if they can refer me. Has anyone else gone that route?

Thanks

Ads by Google:

I'm confused about what I should eat or not eat prior to returning the Enterolab kit - I'm borrowing the money so I've gotta do this right the first time.

1. I had thought a gluten-free diet prior to the Enterolab tests was OK by them, but on Feb 20 gf4life said about her children -"keep them on gluten until the tests are sent off"- should I try and eat some gluten prior to the test kit being returned?

2. I will also be tested for egg, casein, and yeast sensitivities - I'm going to email them and ask if I should ingest those items prior to test - but do any of you know? This isn't addressed in the paperwork I received.

Also - When I think about the indifference of the few doctors I've seen in the past, and read how many people on this site are treated by physicians, I think I'm going to contact the local celiac support group ($15 a year and they have dinners!) and see if they can refer me. Has anyone else gone that route?

Thanks

Hi VA Guy,

They (at Enterolab) do not want you to go back on any of the offending foods. They will ask in the questionaire if you have already stopped eating those foods (if they don't you should mention it).

I e-mailed them regarding the egg and yeast test the other day and asked if I needed to be eating those foods to be tested for a sensitivity to them and they said NO.

I am only keeping my kids on gluten because they suggest you stay on your current diet. My kids current diet contains gluten. Yours is gluten free and you should remain gluten free. (as well as egg-free, yeast-free, etc...)

I hope this helps you and I hope you get your results back quickly. I'm waiting to hear the results. :)

God bless,

Mariann

Thanks for reply gf4life - I hope to send kit back next week and cross fingers till I get results. Am really hoping I do not lose dairy too, but am skeptical.

Hope your kids are OK, must be scary being the parent of a child with such problems.

Phil

Thanks Phil,

Yeah, it can be pretty scary, but at least now I know where to look! :) I just got their kits today and hope to send them off on Monday. So we'll both be looking for the results soon. I just want a clear cut YES or NO. The bloodtests on them keep coming back as a MAYBE. I just can't accept a maybe when it comes to my children's health!

God bless,

Mariann

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• tom & chee!  good to know   they grill the sandwich on a separate pan?  or do you just order soup and salad.  so cool to find more places to eat out!!
    • Hi everybody,  I have had symptoms of Celiac since mid pregnancy and they have gotten worse over the last 5 months post partum. I have constipation, periods stopped, extreme fatigue,  joint pain, weak muscles, dizzyness, migraines, light sensitivity,  pins and needles in hands and feet, elevated TSH, depreason and anxiety. Was put on thyroid meds but it didn't help any of my symptoms. My doctor told me to try gluten free and reintroduce it. I tried it for 2 weeks and started feeling quite a bit better, then reintroduced it and felt worse than ever! It's definitely a gluten problem. She suggested I get the Celiac panel run so I got tested for Ttg iga, DGP igg and EMA all came back NEGATIVE! by this point I had only reintroduced gluten for a few days. She said my antibodies shouldn't go down by much in this time frame. Should I push for a referral to a GI doctor? I don't know why I feel the need for diagnosis? Probably my mother in law laughing when I said I can't eat gluten anymore and she tried to offer me things like donuts, saying it's just a little.  She just doesn't get it. So now, do I suffer for 6 weeks to get the biopsy or just stop eating gluten and be done with it.  I have also noticed while introducing new foods to my baby that he throws up whenever I give him anything wheat based. I doubt they can diagnose a baby and I refuse to damage his intestines for a diagnosis.  Maybe I should get my daughter tested as well? She is 3 and has been complaining of upset tummy and is frequently constipated. She is growing well though but is also quite thin. She is not a big eater. She may be constipated because she holds it. She is afraid to poop on the potty. Since I have had symptoms for only about 10 months, could there not be much damage yet? Sorry for the long post! 
    • The best thing you can do is get to your regular doctor and have a celiac panel run. You might also ask to see an allergist. Be sure to keep eating gluten until all celiac related testing is done.
    • Sounds like you may be alleric to something in both products. Next time you are at the store compare the ingredients of each to see if they have one in common that you don't think you eat in other products..  It might be a good idea to schedule an appointment with your doctor for a referral to an alergist to be on the safe side.
    • I don't know if this will help while you are waiting on the endoscopy but figured it might so here goes... If your life permits you could try going to bed so you can get up a couple hours earlier. Then eat something shortly after you are up like Cream of Buckwheat or Cream of Rice, an egg or something else gluten-free. You don't have to have gluten at each meal while waiting for your testing to be finished and something gluten-free for breakfast may sit better. You can get your gluten at lunch or dinner. By getting up a couple hours earlier that may allow you system to 'clear' the D and relieve a bit of the anxiety.  Ask your doctor if you can take something like Immodium with the antidepressant. That may help your day be easier and lessen the D the next morning.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Zodi1993