16 replies to this topic

#16 KristyUK

KristyUK

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:59 PM

I went gluten and dairy without getting tests etc. It was spurred on by the fact that I had been eating 'healthily', going to the gym 3 times a week and doing proper training, cycling and all in all looking after myself, but all the excess weight and generally feeling rubbish had not changed in a year. I got some interesting nutritional guidance from my friend and personal trainer and took it from there, cutting both food types out of my diet almost two weeks ago.

I feel fantastic and I haven't looked back since. I have lost weight and inches and it was the best (and cheapest) thing I could have done.

So, officially I don't know if I have celiac, but there is no way I'm going to go back onto the food to get tested! We know our bodies best.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 glutenmommy

glutenmommy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:47 AM

It was spurred on by the fact that I had been eating 'healthily', going to the gym 3 times a week and doing proper training, cycling and all in all looking after myself, but all the excess weight and generally feeling rubbish had not changed in a year.

Kristy, I could have written your post! For the past two years I have exercised daily, eaten "clean" with tons of whole grains, fruits, veggies, etc. without ANY improvement in how I feel and shedding this 10 pounds of squishy bloat. In fact, the healthier I ate (lots of whole wheat, sprouted grains, spelt, barley, etc.) the sicker and more bloated I became! I am amazed that after only a few days on the gluten-free diet I have lost almost 5 pounds; all of it is water and intracellular fluid. Almost overnight my belly has lost inches, cellulite is disappearing, I no longer have deep indentations in my ankles from my socks, and my wedding ring slides on and off easily.

I simply cannot believe how much better I feel. Like I'm walking around on air instead of dragging a sluggish carcass around! My husband asked me if I would miss things like pizza, bagels and fresh bread, but the thought of eating that makes me almost ill. I would NEVER go back to feeling the way I felt before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: