86 replies to this topic

#76 JenAnderson

JenAnderson

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:49 PM

Mine was a sandwich...just a ham and cheese sandwich. With Doritos.

I do that too...it's in the back of my Day Planner. :ph34r:

Hey this is me!!! I need to figure out what my name and password is!!! How cool.
Jennifer Anderson

Celiac Disease-since 2003
Asperger's Disorder/OCD
Daughter-11- Asperger's Disorder
Son-7-Celiac Disease
Husband-Normal
Now allergic to eggs, dairy, peanuts, corn, rice, tomatoes, potatoes, and soy (11/2009)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#77 JenAnderson

JenAnderson

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:59 PM

Hey this is me!!! I need to figure out what my name and password is!!! How cool.

I couldn't find it.. I found this one though. Hmmmm wonder when I made this one. Anyone know how to delete an account on here. I'd like to have just one. :)
Jennifer Anderson

Asperger's Disorder/OCD
Son-7-Celiac Disease
Husband-Normal
Now allergic to eggs, dairy, peanuts, corn, rice, tomatoes, potatoes, and soy (11/2009)

#78 Nor_TX

Nor_TX

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:10 AM

Just last weekend the strangest thing happened again, as it happens every few weeks. We live in a development near a shopping mall. Outside the mall is a Chinese food buffet. This yummy buffet has these invisible tentacles that snake out every few Sundays and grab me out of my house, sometimes right off the sofa and drag me into the restaurant. I don't want to go, after all I am on a gluten free diet and I know I can't eat that stuff... but these tentacles are very strong and I cannot fight them. So I do my best to eat the sushi, mussles, shrimp, baked salmon but it's funny how those spring rolls and those little crispy triangles with cream cheese find their way onto my plate. Even their sweet and sour chicken has a tendency to drop onto my plate. Well it is usually Wednesday before I feel better. Today is my Remicade infusion so I most likely won't be subject to those temptations this weekend.

My cravings are for: Big, greasy, juicy, bacon cheeseburger with fries and brown gravy (I'm Canadian), or a Harvey's burger, or donuts from Tim Hortons, or Poutine, or a real Canadian Jewish bagel with cream cheese and lox, or ketchup potato chips, or a huge order of Swiss Chalet...*sigh*
Gluten Intolerance, Colitis, IBS, Lactose and Casein Intolerance, Gastro-Paresis, GERD, Arthritis. Taking Remicade and Asacol, 2 Prilosec/day among other meds. Officially a senior citizen! New knee is doing well.. now about that other knee...

Food is in my dreams and in my nightmares!

#79 Roda

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:57 AM

I had a month from my positive blood work until my biopsy, so I know I was eating lots of gluten things. But the thing that sticks into my head was our halloween party Oct.25, 2008. We had cupcakes and we made a sandwich in the shape of a snake with lots of yummy cheese and lunch meat inside. I had already had the biopsy a couple of days before this, and since the party had been planned for months, I decided I was eating what I wanted until they called me with the results. I found out about 3 days later that I had villi blunting. I went gluten free after that next morning. I accidently ate milky way bite size candy bars this past halloween not realizing they had barley malt in them until after the fact.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#80 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:25 AM

I couldn't find it.. I found this one though. Hmmmm wonder when I made this one. Anyone know how to delete an account on here. I'd like to have just one. :)

Hi Jennifer,

I remember you--welcome back :D

Your best bet would be to contact Scott Adams, the site owner. Just go to the board index and click on 'admin' to PM him.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#81 JenAnderson

JenAnderson

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:50 PM

Hi! I remember you too! I contacted Scott Adams and he combined the other 2 into this account.

OMG these days I'm so tempted to have a slice of pizza or maybe some KFC. That new "double" thing they came out with is really calling my name. I have so many other allergies that it would be a real doozy if I did decide to buy one though.
Jennifer Anderson

Asperger's Disorder/OCD
Son-7-Celiac Disease
Husband-Normal

#82 RideAllWays

RideAllWays

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:18 AM

I don't remember the last thing I ate... but after my GI appointment I was very disappointed because I had made an amazing sandwich in the morning to eat on the way home and I couldn't eat it... But the GI didn't tell me anything about the disease (seems to be the running trend) so I just took the stuff off the bun and ate it anyways...

#83 twe0708

twe0708

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:54 AM

I have to give credit to Erratic - -she mentioned animal crackers as her last "gluten" item she intentionally ate.

What was the last Gluten-Item you INTENTIONALLY ate?

For me, it was a mug full of beer. Around the summer of 1998 at Ohio State...it was wonderful, for a few hours... :o

Pizza on a cruise and will never have it again. I did have a about a month ago and had no problems. Had one again the following weekend to see and still not problems. I know, I know...please do not respond to my drinking these beers because I know you all will say that still doesn't mean it was good for you even though you didn't have symptoms. Just imagine if we could still drink beer and were only affected by food that contains wheat. I just don't understand how one little rice chex with a smidgen of p-nut butter could make me bloated and a beer did nothing to me that I could feel.

#84 Lynayah

Lynayah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:23 AM

My gluten challenge made me so sick, I was beyond relieved when the time came to give up gluten, but . . .

I DREAM ABOUT EATING GLUTEN ALL THE TIME!

I'll be at a party and take a bite or two of crackers, cake or a cookie before remembering I shouldn't eat it.

Then I freak out. Then I wake up. Fun.
Gluten Intolerant with double HLA-DQ6. Pre-diagnosis: Weight gain, swelling, diarrhea, mouth sores, back pain, body aches, fatigue, muscle weakness, BRAIN FOG, runny nose, recurrent sinus infections, bruising, low white cell count (whole life), and more. My feet were so bad, I could hardly walk. Toward the end: Chronic Vit. D deficiency (almost no D in my body despite a quality multi-vit. each day).

There is hope! Gluten-free since Sept. '09, and I have my life back - I feel better than in many, many years!

Favorite quotation: "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

#85 Kelynn

Kelynn

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

My "last supper" was fettuccini Alfredo and tons of bread at our favorite Italian place, the night before my endoscopy.

And, I agree with others- if there ever is a cute for Celiac's, I'm going to gain some serious weight stuffing my face with all the foods I miss! :rolleyes:

#86 luvs2eat

luvs2eat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

My last intentional glutening was about a year after I was diagnossed. I'd always loved making yummy loaves of beautiful bread and made several different kinds for a party. It smelled so danged good, I cut off a big hunk, slathered it w/ tons of butter, and chowed it down, while my daughter was yelling, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" It was absolutely delicious.

And I had NO repurcussions... none. I started making a list, thinking that maybe I could plan a "cheat" once a month or so. Subway Tuna hoagie, Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizza, a bagel w/ tons of cream cheese and lox, a Philly cheese steak, a Big Mac, any pasta dish in an Italian restaurant...

I realized that I wasn't 100% gluten-free in my everyday diet... peeps here set me straight! My symptoms were fairly mild. The next time I was accidentally glutened, my reaction was way more severe and now I wouldn't put gluten in my mouth for anything!!

But, holy cow... was that bread good!!
luvs2eat
Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas
positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy
diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day
Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

#87 Lynayah

Lynayah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:17 PM

And I had NO repurcussions... none.

I wonder how many others have experienced similar situations: Healed . . . screw up . . . everhthing is fine . . . but when you try it again, WHAM! I would love to know.

I agree: I wouldn't put gluten in my mouth for anything. Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels.
Gluten Intolerant with double HLA-DQ6. Pre-diagnosis: Weight gain, swelling, diarrhea, mouth sores, back pain, body aches, fatigue, muscle weakness, BRAIN FOG, runny nose, recurrent sinus infections, bruising, low white cell count (whole life), and more. My feet were so bad, I could hardly walk. Toward the end: Chronic Vit. D deficiency (almost no D in my body despite a quality multi-vit. each day).

There is hope! Gluten-free since Sept. '09, and I have my life back - I feel better than in many, many years!

Favorite quotation: "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: