Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Alive

6 posts in this topic

I have been taking these for a while now. On paper, they seem like a good idea to me vis a vis Centrum type ordinary vitamin/mineral supplements. There's a veritable plethora of vitamins, minerals, plant & fruit extracts, enzymes, and a kitchen sink, I think. Of course products such as these are more expensive than regular vitamins. I just got some at Sprouts (where they are always 30% off). I calculate $0.55 a day, about 16-$17 a month. Here's a review I found at random from googling Alive.

http://www.naturalnews.com/001535.html

Some of the Alive products say gluten-free, or wheat free, but my particular ones do not. Reading the ingredients of several though, I can't see any difference. The only thing I see that could be an offender is barley grass and wheat grass. By themselves, they are gluten-free. However, they are on the "not recommended" list (on this site) because they could contain seeds.

I emailed Natures Way and got this response:

===========================================================

Dear Valued Customer

Thank you for contacting Nature

Ads by Google:
I have been taking these for a while now. On paper, they seem like a good idea to me vis a vis Centrum type ordinary vitamin/mineral supplements. There's a veritable plethora of vitamins, minerals, plant & fruit extracts, enzymes, and a kitchen sink, I think. Of course products such as these are more expensive than regular vitamins. I just got some at Sprouts (where they are always 30% off). I calculate $0.55 a day, about 16-$17 a month. Here's a review I found at random from googling Alive.

http://www.naturalnews.com/001535.html

Some of the Alive products say gluten-free, or wheat free, but my particular ones do not. Reading the ingredients of several though, I can't see any difference. The only thing I see that could be an offender is barley grass and wheat grass. By themselves, they are gluten-free. However, they are on the "not recommended" list (on this site) because they could contain seeds.

I emailed Natures Way and got this response:

===========================================================

Dear Valued Customer

Thank you for contacting Nature

I made a new inquiry and received a response within a few hours, which stated:

Thank you for contacting Natures Way a Schwabe North America company. It is great to see that you are taking a healthy approach to healthy living. I see you are interested in knowing if our Alive product contains gluten.

Our Alive product is under the allowable amount to be considered gluten free; however, there may be trace amounts of gluten from the wheat grass in Green Foods Blend. Many consumers with gluten intolerance are able to use this product.

Nature

With wheat and barley grass in these I wouldn't touch them. I would also personally avoid the 'Gluten Defense' product.

I always wonder about people who have only one post and it is to tell us a certain product is great for us and advise us to buy it. Especially when they are reviving a thread that is a couple years old. That's just me though.

Just received this reply from Nature's Way (in part):

From the guidelines set by the Food & Drug Administration and the World Health Organization, the Alive! product line is gluten free (<20 ppm) with the exceptions of: Alive! Once Daily Men

Just received this reply from Nature's Way (in part):

From the guidelines set by the Food & Drug Administration and the World Health Organization, the Alive! product line is gluten free (<20 ppm) with the exceptions of: Alive! Once Daily Men