#16 mela14

mela14

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:13 AM

Hi Casnco,

boy is it tough. thanks for sharing your experiences. It just makes me realize how serious and how much harder I need to work at this. Not that I want anybody to be sick from this....but knowing I am not alone and have a place to come to talk....makes me feel a little less desparate.
last night was bad....as I woke up at 3:00am with muscle pain and vertigo....One of my telltale gluten signs!
This way of life is new to me ...I'm sure I will keep learning as I go.
take care of yourself. good luck with the wedding!
Mel
mela14@optonline.net

10 years of abdominal problems, incorrectly diagnosed with Endometriosis / suffered 7 surgeries. Total hysterectomy 2 years ago!
Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Interstitial Cystitis ,IBS, Migraines, Primary Immune Deficiency to name a few. Finally realizing that food intolerances make them all worse!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 antmimi

antmimi

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 12:53 PM

Wow... I am getting really scared. I am wheat allergic and being tested for celiac disease. This is going to change everything about my life.

I was one of those who probably would have said something to the effect of "you are over-reacting."

That was the way I was with a friend of mine with reflux for a while. How dumb is that. Now that I have experienced it first hand... All I can think of is apologising.

I am not even sure I am cooking correctly at home. I am single so it will make things easier. But now, I really wish I had a "keeper."

I don't want to cry, but I just can't get rid of this pain and this panic that my life is over in some way. I am too young to be this debilitated.

#18 mela14

mela14

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:07 PM

Your life is far from being over...it has just changed. eventually, things will fall into place and you will get the diet worked out...just as I am trying to but you will e feeling better.
just hang in there and give it time. we are all here to help one another.
you can do it! :D
Mel
mela14@optonline.net

10 years of abdominal problems, incorrectly diagnosed with Endometriosis / suffered 7 surgeries. Total hysterectomy 2 years ago!
Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Interstitial Cystitis ,IBS, Migraines, Primary Immune Deficiency to name a few. Finally realizing that food intolerances make them all worse!

#19 Guest_Libbyk_*

Guest_Libbyk_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:24 PM

All I can say is it gets easier. I have been gluten-free for a year and a half now, and it is pretty brainless now. I am very conservative going over to peoples houses for dinner, and usually stuff myself first, and I like going to the same restraunts over and over again. but once you get a rythm, and the people around you get used to your habits, it all becomes normal.

My big concern was dating. How was I going to approach the whole first kiss issue? :P It has turned out pretty well so far, especialy since the guy i have started seeing is mildly allergic to peanuts. We are a pretty silly pair, going through the grocery store. But I guess that is the point, is that we are silly, and not tragic, or stuck alone, or relegated to plain salad.

gluten-free is a little complex, and I get nervous sitting too close to a bowl of cracker,s just in case my arm snakes out andi start to snack mindlessly, but on the whole, it is just life now.

good luck, and have faith that it only gets easier.
Lib

#20 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:41 AM

gluten-free is a little complex, and I get nervous sitting too close to a bowl of cracker,s just in case my arm snakes out

That's what happened to me at the beginning. At our house we had only glutenfree stuff anyway. But when I was at my parents in law I found myself grabbing some crackers like all the time at the beginning, when we had lunch or dinner. And then I always had to put them back down on the plate and go wash my hands... :lol: After a while I got sick of walking back and forth to the sink, so I quit grabbing these crackers... :lol:

Oh, and tomorrow I'm also invited at a baby shower. The stupid thing. This one is a surprise shower for the mother. She doesn't know, that there will be a party for her and the baby. And so I didn't know who to ask. Thankfully I'm never afraid to take my own food and tap the people on the fingers, if they sneak my stuff. :angry:
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
gluten-free since 07/21/2004
Shermans Dale, PA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: