25 replies to this topic

#16 Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:18 PM

I picked up a "against the grain" pizza crust today. I'll have to try one of the ideas here for toppings.
1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember
1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms
Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance
2000-osteopenia
2001-had stroke because of medications I was given
June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months
June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)
May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 nevlivinwithout

nevlivinwithout

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:19 PM

We eat pizza every Friday and our old standby is mushrooms, olives, ham and pepperoni. After Thanksgiving I like to make Turkey, Bacon and Ranch. I will sometimes make it when I have leftover chicken also. Ranch is used as the sauce. Bbq also makes a nice sauce with chicken(or turkey) and bacon. Have fun!

#18 missy'smom

missy'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:20 PM

I used to make up a bag of mini meatballs to keep in the freezer just for pizza...forgot about that...love 'em!

Mtndog and missy'smom...I have never heard of chicken sausages, do you make them yourself?
momxyz...I used to hate peppers and onions but now I have to have them on pizza :rolleyes:

The chicken sausages are store bought. There are so many gluten-free ones. Whole Foods sells them as do many mainstream groceries. Many brands and flavors-Italian, Feta and something, etc. Most are pre-cooked, WF sells ones that they make, in their meat case, that are raw. Not all are gluten-free but many are.

I agree with others, these ideas sound SO good! I'll bet one could make a good breakfast style pizza, like the ones Red Baron sells-white sauce/sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, cheese, bacon etc.
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#19 purple

purple

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

The chicken sausages are store bought. There are so many gluten-free ones. Whole Foods sells them as do many mainstream groceries. Many brands and flavors-Italian, Feta and something, etc. Most are pre-cooked, WF sells ones that they make, in their meat case, that are raw. Not all are gluten-free but many are.

I agree with others, these ideas sound SO good! I'll bet one could make a good breakfast style pizza, like the ones Red Baron sells-white sauce/sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, cheese, bacon etc.

Thanks...all we have is a small co-op but who knows, they might have the chicken sausages.
I used to buy those a.m. pizzas...mmm! I always wondered how they made that white sauce.
My dh suggested I make bacon cheeseburger with tomatoes and onions next time...sounds good too.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

#20 missy'smom

missy'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:49 AM

Thanks...all we have is a small co-op but who knows, they might have the chicken sausages.
I used to buy those a.m. pizzas...mmm! I always wondered how they made that white sauce.
My dh suggested I make bacon cheeseburger with tomatoes and onions next time...sounds good too.

It's a basic white/cream sauce-started with a roux of butter and flour with milk added plus lots of black pepper and crumbled sausage. I'm thinking brown the sausage and remove, then start the roux in the sausage fat for extra flavor!
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#21 twe0708

twe0708

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:46 AM

What kind of sauce does everyone use?

#22 purple

purple

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:47 AM

My recipe I got from c. d. kitchen but I used fresh garden toms in place of the tom sauce.

1/2 onion, minced
1 or more garlic cloves, minced (more)
2 T. olive oil
1 16 oz. tom sauce
1 6 oz. tom paste
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. salt (used garlic salt)

Saute onion and garlic in oil, add the rest and simmer about 15 minutes.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

#23 Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:19 AM

I use olive oil and spices, no tomato for me.
1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember
1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms
Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance
2000-osteopenia
2001-had stroke because of medications I was given
June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months
June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)
May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

#24 EmilyR83

EmilyR83

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:41 PM

I use Bob's Red Mill crust and it is so good. I use prego traditional sauce for the pizza sauce. My favorite toppings are spinach and chicken, and after it comes out of the oven, I top it with sliced tomatoes(I dont like them cooked though). Now I am hungry for pizza!

#25 missy'smom

missy'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:09 AM

I use Enrico's All Natural Pizza Sauce. It's sold at healthfood stores as well as our reg. grocery chain.
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#26 Swimmr

Swimmr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:18 AM

I like meats...pepperoni and hamburger and sausage and peppers and onion and cheese...lots of cheese and olives...about anything EXCEPT anchovies...I don't do those.

I've had pizza once in 2 years. My mother's homemade pizza. OMG so good.
-Self-diagnosed gluten/wheat intolerance 2007. Negative (basic) blood test for celiac disease March 2009.
-Diagnosed positive for Celiac 5/11/2010!!
-Vitamin D low (last year was deficient), Iodine low, Protein S low. Balance/dizziness not related to Celiac.
-Elimination diet 11-4-2009 and ended 02-28-2010. Tolerating dairy again. Highly intolerant to soy, sensitive to green peas and corn kernels.
"Oh CRAP! Are you SERIOUS??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: