Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

What's The Best *chewable* Digestive Enzyme To Take?

2 posts in this topic

Okay, I first went "gluten-free" in August, but continued to eat Fudgiscles, not realizing they had malt powder. I removed them 2 Thursdays ago, and saw a reduction in my remaining symptoms.

Then I ate rotisserie chicken from ShopRite on Thursday. An hour later, I was losing my ability to concentrate, and starting to crave food very quickly. I rushed downstairs, made popcorn, took 10 L-glutamine to help reduce the glutening symptoms, and now, 2 days later, I still have abnormally high hunger. I'd been glutened from something I assumed was just a healthy natural protein source.

Anyway, I'm seriously considering looking into digestive enzymes. I can't swallow pills, and I'd rather not take a powder. Does anyone know what a good *chewable* digestive enzyme/probiotic would be? It would have to help with gluten and possibly casein (though I think I don't have any reactions to casein or soy, etc., but just to be safe). It can't contain gluten, of course.

Any ideas of what a really good one would be? I'd take it before any meal that has any chance of containing gluten. I'd really appreciate the help.

Ads by Google:
Okay, I first went "gluten-free" in August, but continued to eat Fudgiscles, not realizing they had malt powder. I removed them 2 Thursdays ago, and saw a reduction in my remaining symptoms.

Then I ate rotisserie chicken from ShopRite on Thursday. An hour later, I was losing my ability to concentrate, and starting to crave food very quickly. I rushed downstairs, made popcorn, took 10 L-glutamine to help reduce the glutening symptoms, and now, 2 days later, I still have abnormally high hunger. I'd been glutened from something I assumed was just a healthy natural protein source.

Anyway, I'm seriously considering looking into digestive enzymes. I can't swallow pills, and I'd rather not take a powder. Does anyone know what a good *chewable* digestive enzyme/probiotic would be? It would have to help with gluten and possibly casein (though I think I don't have any reactions to casein or soy, etc., but just to be safe). It can't contain gluten, of course.

Any ideas of what a really good one would be? I'd take it before any meal that has any chance of containing gluten. I'd really appreciate the help.

I'm afraid I can't recommend one that I would consider very good, but I can recommend one that is a definite bargain. Trader Joe's has one called Natural Papaya & Pineapple Enzymes, it is their own brand and actually works decently at breaking down carbs and protein. It's only $ 2.49 a bottle and at that price, it is a steal. They are all natural, chewable and of course gluten-free. They also do not taste too bad either. Good luck!