Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

What's The Best *chewable* Digestive Enzyme To Take?

• Please log in to reply

1 reply to this topic

#1 CGally81

CGally81

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:25 PM

Okay, I first went "gluten-free" in August, but continued to eat Fudgiscles, not realizing they had malt powder. I removed them 2 Thursdays ago, and saw a reduction in my remaining symptoms.

Then I ate rotisserie chicken from ShopRite on Thursday. An hour later, I was losing my ability to concentrate, and starting to crave food very quickly. I rushed downstairs, made popcorn, took 10 L-glutamine to help reduce the glutening symptoms, and now, 2 days later, I still have abnormally high hunger. I'd been glutened from something I assumed was just a healthy natural protein source.

Anyway, I'm seriously considering looking into digestive enzymes. I can't swallow pills, and I'd rather not take a powder. Does anyone know what a good *chewable* digestive enzyme/probiotic would be? It would have to help with gluten and possibly casein (though I think I don't have any reactions to casein or soy, etc., but just to be safe). It can't contain gluten, of course.

Any ideas of what a really good one would be? I'd take it before any meal that has any chance of containing gluten. I'd really appreciate the help.
Born 1981. Is also autistic - officially diagnosed.
Started having fructose-related problems in late 2008.
Started noticing gluten-related symptoms around March 2009.
Discovered the problem and went (mostly) gluten-free in early August 2009. Promptly became hungry all the time.
I can tolerate fructose again now.
Went dairy-lite in mid December 2009, then casein-free in early January 2010. Hunger shot up again twice.
Hunger apparently mostly normal in mid February 2010.
Started taking fish oil in July 2010, then got new symptoms. Got different new symptoms when I stopped, and hunger shot up AGAIN.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Gfresh404

Gfresh404

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:28 PM

Okay, I first went "gluten-free" in August, but continued to eat Fudgiscles, not realizing they had malt powder. I removed them 2 Thursdays ago, and saw a reduction in my remaining symptoms.

Then I ate rotisserie chicken from ShopRite on Thursday. An hour later, I was losing my ability to concentrate, and starting to crave food very quickly. I rushed downstairs, made popcorn, took 10 L-glutamine to help reduce the glutening symptoms, and now, 2 days later, I still have abnormally high hunger. I'd been glutened from something I assumed was just a healthy natural protein source.

Anyway, I'm seriously considering looking into digestive enzymes. I can't swallow pills, and I'd rather not take a powder. Does anyone know what a good *chewable* digestive enzyme/probiotic would be? It would have to help with gluten and possibly casein (though I think I don't have any reactions to casein or soy, etc., but just to be safe). It can't contain gluten, of course.

Any ideas of what a really good one would be? I'd take it before any meal that has any chance of containing gluten. I'd really appreciate the help.

I'm afraid I can't recommend one that I would consider very good, but I can recommend one that is a definite bargain. Trader Joe's has one called Natural Papaya & Pineapple Enzymes, it is their own brand and actually works decently at breaking down carbs and protein. It's only $ 2.49 a bottle and at that price, it is a steal. They are all natural, chewable and of course gluten-free. They also do not taste too bad either. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: