7 replies to this topic

#1 Heahterisadork

Heahterisadork

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:43 AM

A lot of the time I always have this itchy feeling of bugs crawling one me, or I am just plain old itchy all over despite not having a rash (well i have a chronic rash on my knee's/elbows and sometimes it shows up on my outer thighs). I'm just wondering if this could be a symptom. My face is always dry/flaky looking, theres always red/flaky skin around my nostrils, and my scalp ALWAYS has scabs and itchy bumps, seriously my scalp itches so bad sometimes I just can't sleep.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 captaincrab55

captaincrab55

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

A lot of the time I always have this itchy feeling of bugs crawling one me, or I am just plain old itchy all over despite not having a rash (well i have a chronic rash on my knee's/elbows and sometimes it shows up on my outer thighs). I'm just wondering if this could be a symptom. My face is always dry/flaky looking, theres always red/flaky skin around my nostrils, and my scalp ALWAYS has scabs and itchy bumps, seriously my scalp itches so bad sometimes I just can't sleep.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sure sounds like Dermatitis Herpetiformis...
I'm a New Man Without GLUTEN!

#3 ang1e0251

ang1e0251

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:13 PM

How long have you been eating gluten free?

#4 Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:51 PM

I get this feeling any time I'm using lotion/soap/shampoo that isn't gluten free.
1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember
1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms
Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance
2000-osteopenia
2001-had stroke because of medications I was given
June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months
June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)
May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

#5 Heahterisadork

Heahterisadork

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:33 PM

im not gluten free yet. I don't know if I'm going gluten free. My doctors office called and said all results were ok. But they didn't give me the details of the results so I don't even know what the numbers are. Do you think I should call for a copy to be sent? I tested for a moderate gluten allergy and I tested sever for a milk allergy but i've never had a reaction to dairy other then a stomach ache (maybe headache and rash, hard to say)

I don't have blisters though, isn't that what DH is? I just get scabs on my head and I don't know if its from scratching it at an earlier time. Sometimes my head doesnt itch at all. Maybe i should take notice to when it starts to itch and what i ate before the itching started.
I'm just frustrated that my doc said the results are ok because I don't feel ok.

#6 carsondcat

carsondcat

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

Not had that experience thankfully but have you thought about psoriasis ?
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, not even if i said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense....... Buddha

Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open..... Thomas Dewar

If you want to be someone ... be yourself...

#7 ang1e0251

ang1e0251

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:24 AM

You should ask for copies of your tests. You can post the results here and there is usually someone who can read those results. I had sores on my scalp for years. At one point I thought I must be sensitive to something in shampoos. I stop using them but still had the problem. Once I went gluten-free the problem has mostly solved. I still have an itchy scalp but seldom have any breakouts. I'm wondering now if I cut the dairy completely out if it would help the itchiness has someone else had suggested. I'm paying attention this week if on days when there is no dairy if I'm less itchy.

#8 Tim-n-VA

Tim-n-VA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:28 AM

Nothing really to add except a chance to use a word I learned recently:

Formication is the medical term for a sensation which resembles that of insects crawling on (or under) the skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: