25 replies to this topic

#16 tnt

tnt

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:16 AM

Try Kinnikkinnick frozen breads - rolls, bagles, pizza crust, etc. It's wonderful and gluten-free - bagles taste like a re-heated Bojangles biscuit. I found it at the Natural MarketPlace and Home Economist stores in North Carolina. You can also order online at www.kinnikinnick.com.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 JUDI42MIL

JUDI42MIL

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:57 AM

I use a machine called- breadman ultimate-- it does great with all breads. I find though the only one I like is bob red mills-- its easy to make too- I make a loaf- slice it and freeze slices in baggies.

#18 Turtle

Turtle

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 06:24 AM

Thanks for all the good ideas. I tried to bake another loaf in the oven.....it didn't go so good. I gotta get a machine. Time to start a savings jar! HA!
~Turtle~

#19 Guest_BellyTimber_*

Guest_BellyTimber_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:22 AM

:rolleyes:

I hope it isn't too bad to make bread-and-butter pudding with, then you will still have something to enjoy!

#20 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:28 AM

My bread machine is a Kenmore and it has many different settings, gluten free doughs work best with very little kneading, so I use the quick cycle, you can also do a "dough only" cycle

Also, during the mixing cycle, I use a rubber paddle to keep the dough mix off of the sides of the pan, this is very simple to do, after it's been mixing for a couple of minutes I just help it along with my paddle.

#21 CaliGirl

CaliGirl

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:14 PM

I like using the mix from Gluten Free Pantry for basic white sandwhich bread. I sometimes toast it, but unlike most gluten free products, you don't have to toast it to make it edible. I just use my Kitchenaid mixer, which is fantastic. You can use it for anything. Some day I want to try making gluten-free pasta with it, but in the meanwhile, buying pre-made pasta is just fine!

A funny thing about bread--I used to be so health conscious, I used whole grain bread, whole wheat pasta.... even whole-wheat shampoo! Now I eat my yummy white gluten-free bread, and I'm healthier than I've ever been.

:)

Rachel

#22 Turtle

Turtle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:30 PM

Michael, it was so bad the dog wouldn't touch it...(I have a black lab that will eat pretty much ANYTHING). HAHA!

Thanks nini for the bread machine tips! Also, I see your from out there where the big chicken is. HAHA!
~Turtle~

#23 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:03 PM

you are welcome on the bread machine tips and Yep, I'm in Big Chicken land! LOL! I actually work less than 1/2 a mile from the Chicken and that's how we tell people to get to my work!

#24 Turtle

Turtle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:03 PM

You're a RIOT!
Thanks for the laugh...I needed that.
~Turtle~

#25 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*