This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cheese Muffins

purple

purple Community Regular

I just made a batch of these:

Open Original Shared Link

Results: EASY and YUMMY

I made 1/2 a batch, skipped the cayenne, added xanthan gum, Italian seasoning, used garlic and onion salt, added some chopped pepperoni and...made 17 mini muffins.

They would be great dipped in hot pizza sauce and served for a party.

They are chewy like a bread stick. (shhh...like pizza crust)

No starches!

If using meat like bacon, ham, pepperoni...you could reduce the salt amount.

Bake at 400 but my oven was already on 350 and I forgot to turn it up :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Dada2hapas Rookie
They would be great dipped in hot pizza sauce and served for a party.

They are chewy like a bread stick. (shhh...like pizza crust)

No starches!

If using meat like bacon, ham, pepperoni...you could reduce the salt amount.

Bake at 400 but my oven was already on 350 and I forgot to turn it up :rolleyes:

Oooooh! I've been craving for "chewy like a bread stick" or real gluten pizza crust. That recipe looks great, as it's so simple! Do you think it could be shaped into a flat disc or something? What is a guy to do!!!?? Hmmmm, thinking, thinking.... :D

Thanks!!!

purple Community Regular
Oooooh! I've been craving for "chewy like a bread stick" or real gluten pizza crust. That recipe looks great, as it's so simple! Do you think it could be shaped into a flat disc or something? What is a guy to do!!!?? Hmmmm, thinking, thinking.... :D

Thanks!!!

I bet you could try a mini pizza ;)

The dough is real stiff and easy to squish, not gooey.

purple Community Regular

I made mini pizzas and bread sticks with the recipe today. So simple and yummy! I thought the mini muffins were a little more chewy...could be b/c they had pepperoni in the dough and were smaller.

You can cut the mini pizza in 1/2 and pick it up just like a regular slice. The crust is pretty, sides and bottom. Its more like a soft biscuit with a cispy edge and bottom.

Mini pizzas: spray a pan, flour your hands, form into a ball and press onto the pan making edges. Top with sauce, cheese, etc. and bake about 25 minutes until cheese browns a bit. One recipe will make 5 mini pizzas.

Breadsticks: flour hands, roll into ropes about pencil length and fat as your thumb, spray both sides, bake until bottoms are toasty brown, then flip and bake until tops are browned, dip in sauce or soup. You can see the cheese popping out all over...yum...mine is waiting :P

Would be good with pepperoni or bacon in the dough.

Enjoy!

SOOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEASY!!!!

Dada2hapas Rookie

Thank you. I will be trying this soon! :D

minniejack Contributor
Thank you. I will be trying this soon! :D

Ditto :D

Archived