3 replies to this topic

#1 Diva1

Diva1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:02 AM

Does anybody know if digestive enzymes help with gluten intoerance....i was reading up on it and it seem to maybe help the abd pain and D...Its probably a product bought at naturel stores??
anyone know anything about it I would appreciate your answers or your views on this .
Diva
Gluten free since Oct 1 2009
Lactose free also
Negative celiac although some in my family
Soy intolerant

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom

Stressed spelled backwards is Desserts

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kenlove

kenlove

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:55 AM

IM JUST GETTING INTO THIS AFTER 5 YEARS OF celiac --
been a roller coaster of misery until finally i saw a naturapath doc who said to try these different enzymes and much more supplements than I had been taking -- WOW what a difference. they are for energy and for keeping the body in balance.
Just like my plants tat need different micro nutrients - so do we. Learned alot in the past few months and would urge anyone to at least explore this road.
ken

Does anybody know if digestive enzymes help with gluten intoerance....i was reading up on it and it seem to maybe help the abd pain and D...Its probably a product bought at naturel stores??
anyone know anything about it I would appreciate your answers or your views on this .
Diva

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 sadeew

sadeew

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

Hi Diva~

Enzymes don't help with gluten but they do help with inflammation. There are enzymes called proteolitic enzymes that are a group of enzymes that can greatly reduce inflammation in the body. The issues with gluten intolerance, including Celiacs, are malabsoption and inflammation caused by an over-active immune sytem. Enzymes help both.

I think everyone should be on enzymes.

To fight inflammation you need to take enzymes on an empty stomach. This way they don't get used to digest food and, instead, can be used by the body to fight inflammation. Enzymes are totally non-toxic and are only contraindicated if a person is taking blood thinners as enzymes can thin the blood.

A brand I like because it is high quality and cheaper than others of similar quality is the line by Dr. Michael Murray. Can't remember the brand name but you can google him and find it.

Hope this helps.

#4 Kat'sMom

Kat'sMom

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:28 AM

Does anyone know of they come in any other form then pills? My kid cant swallow pills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: