Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Kraft Products

9 posts in this topic

Hi I'm new to this and I'm so lost...I feel starving already and its only been 1 day! Anywho so I read that KRAFT does not hide Gluten but I'm confused about this one. All I want to do is make some Tuna with Mayo. We have the mayo with olive oil. The ingredients are:

Water, Olive Oil, Canola Oil, Soybean oil, Vinegar, Modified food starch, Sugar, Maltodextrin, eggs, Contains less then 2% of salt, Mustard Flour, Dried Onions, Dried Garlic Natural Flavor, Enzyme modified egg yolk, Beta Caratene, (color), Lactic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, and Calcium Disodium EDTA as a preservatives, osphoric acid.

then Contains : egg

Ok so I see Modified food Starch but since its Kraft is should say (wheat) correct? and natural flavorings but it does not say anything with wheat and then it does not say contains wheat. So what is wrong with it?? I would eat it but its not one of the mayo's listed as Gluten free on their website..so is the gluten hidden or am I missing something? Thanks to anyone who answers

_Brittany

Ads by Google:

Kraft will clearly disclose any gluten source by name. None of the words wheat, rye, barley or oats appear in this ingredient list, so there is no gluten-derived ingredient present.

Kraft will clearly disclose any gluten source by name. None of the words wheat, rye, barley or oats appear in this ingredient list, so there is no gluten-derived ingredient present.

Thanks!!!!! I wonder why its not listed on their website

Thanks!!!!! I wonder why its not listed on their website

It may be a newer product that hasn't been added to the list yet. If you have doubts you can call the company and ask. It should be safe as Kraft does not hide gluten ingredients but if you call they may send you some coupons.

Hellmans Mayo, even the Canola oil one, are gluten free and they say it on the back.

We use Hellmans mayo and love that it says gluten free. Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask any questions you have, everyone is so very helpful here. I could not had made it with out this forum.

We use Hellmans mayo and love that it says gluten free. Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask any questions you have, everyone is so very helpful here. I could not had made it with out this forum.

:) Thanks!

Hi, I am new too. What about Kraft salad dressing and shredded cheese. I usually use fat free or low fat of both? Is the Kraft fat free salad dressing gluten free? What about the cheese? Thanks so much. I feel so overwhelmed. Some things I am finding the answers too but other are harder. Since I am here. I am a bread lover and desperately want some good gluten-free bread. I have tried a couple and they were not very good to say the least. Any suggestions?

Hi, I am new too. What about Kraft salad dressing and shredded cheese. I usually use fat free or low fat of both? Is the Kraft fat free salad dressing gluten free? What about the cheese? Thanks so much. I feel so overwhelmed. Some things I am finding the answers too but other are harder. Since I am here. I am a bread lover and desperately want some good gluten-free bread. I have tried a couple and they were not very good to say the least. Any suggestions?

The kraft cheese should be okay and so should the Salad Dressing. Kraft will not hide gluten ingredients. When in doubt though call the company, sometimes they will offer you coupons when you call.

As far as the bread issue goes my personal favorite is Kinnickinnick brand. I like the Italian and I also like their pizza shells and waffles. Gluten Free Pantry mixes would be my choice if I want to make a real home made bread or pizza, their French bread mix makes a great pizza dough. It is very sticky and needs to be spread with a spatula or spoon but I usually chill it for an hour or so and that makes it easier. They also make good cake mixes.

The problem with Kraft salad dressing, in Canada anyway, is that the ingredient list is on the neck of the bottle/lid and is destroyed the first time you remove the lid from the bottle. I really wish they'd put the ingredients on the back near the nutritional information. Ditto for the barbecue sauce.