arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

arrowJoin Celiac.com's New Online Support Group

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

How To Make The Stomach Ache Go Away?...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mariannej

mariannej

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:40 PM

Hi! I am a new member of the gluten free forum and I have been feeling alone in my gluten free, dairy free lifestyle for a while. I'm also bumbed tonight because I accidentally ate some sausage that had gluten in in, and is now making me feel sick. I have been doing this for over a year and every once in a while I forget to read the ingredients and I pay the price. My stomach bloats up like a balloon and I get extremely constipated. Lately I have just been eating the same thing every day to cut back on the risk. Question for everybody.... is there any solutions after accidentally eating gluten to cut down on the pain and stomach discomfort?... I have found Gasx helps a little bit in the past but lately it doesn't seem to touch my stomach discomfort.

And yes, to everyone out there wearing the pregnancy shirts I can relate. Trying to be gluten free as well as starting up yoga have been the only way my stomach has slowly deflated. My husband was always teasing me about it which was horrible ( I had to cut him down to size). :blink: <_<

But now I'm just worried that my monotonous daily eating routinue will have to continue forever more....

I would love anybody's advice or bits of knowledge

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Swimmr

Swimmr

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:30 PM

Hi! I am a new member of the gluten free forum and I have been feeling alone in my gluten free, dairy free lifestyle for a while. I'm also bumbed tonight because I accidentally ate some sausage that had gluten in in, and is now making me feel sick. I have been doing this for over a year and every once in a while I forget to read the ingredients and I pay the price. My stomach bloats up like a balloon and I get extremely constipated. Lately I have just been eating the same thing every day to cut back on the risk. Question for everybody.... is there any solutions after accidentally eating gluten to cut down on the pain and stomach discomfort?... I have found Gasx helps a little bit in the past but lately it doesn't seem to touch my stomach discomfort.

And yes, to everyone out there wearing the pregnancy shirts I can relate. Trying to be gluten free as well as starting up yoga have been the only way my stomach has slowly deflated. My husband was always teasing me about it which was horrible ( I had to cut him down to size). :blink: <_<

But now I'm just worried that my monotonous daily eating routinue will have to continue forever more....

I would love anybody's advice or bits of knowledge

I'm still learning and currently doing an elimination diet, but chamomile tea helps with tummy problems of any kind. It's also pretty tasty. Try to get ahold of loose leaf though, it's more pure. I'm big on teas :) Oh and drink plenty of water.

Magnesium Citrate is something I took to help with constipation. I think I have read a few on here say magnesium as well.

I tend to get indigestion sometimes where my stomach (not lower abdomen) blows up noticeably and then I burp for hours on end. Eating a pickle and taking a swig of juice would knock it out quickly. It was the claussen brand though. Someone from here noted I probably have an acidic imbalance. Either way it worked, none-the-less.

Good luck, I know it sucks!
-Self-diagnosed gluten/wheat intolerance 2007. Negative (basic) blood test for celiac disease March 2009.
-Diagnosed positive for Celiac 5/11/2010!!
-Vitamin D low (last year was deficient), Iodine low, Protein S low. Balance/dizziness not related to Celiac.
-Elimination diet 11-4-2009 and ended 02-28-2010. Tolerating dairy again. Highly intolerant to soy, sensitive to green peas and corn kernels.
"Oh CRAP! Are you SERIOUS??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: