#31 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:44 AM

Hello Liz,

i'm also looking for those books. I wasn't successfull yet. If i find one, i'll let you know.

I'm glad to hear, that a lot of celiacs have better results, since they went gluten-free. Keep up the good work guys. Lots of luck, Stef
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
gluten-free since 07/21/2004
Shermans Dale, PA

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 curiousJ

curiousJ

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:37 AM

About Balance Bars:

NOTE that they are all sold with the caveat that they are produced in a facility that also processes wheat, nuts, etc. That said, I haven't had any reaction to eating them (so far). The company's policy is to clearly label all wheat/gluten containing ingredients (so the ingredient "natural flavor" will not contain gluten for these products, for example).

I've been sticking mostly to the Balance+ bars: yogurt-berry and lemon merangue are my favorites.

About Celiac & sports... I haven't seen any books specifically on this either. I do read "Runner's World" magazine, which often has articles about how runners need lots of carbs and provides lists of "runner-friendly" foods. Might consider taking a look at www.runnersworld.com. Much of the advice can pretty easily be modified for gluten-free diets.

#33 jackbarny

jackbarny

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 03:11 AM

I cycle almost everyday that the weather permits, and also do spinning at the local Court Club 4 nites a week. But having Celiac Disease has kept me from doing any more Cycling Tours. Does anyone know of any US Cycling Tours that offer Gluten Free Meals? Thanks Jack

#34 jackbarny

jackbarny

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 03:12 AM

I cycle almost everyday that the weather permits, and also do spinning at the local Court Club 4 nites a week. But having Celiac Disease has kept me from doing any more Cycling Tours. Does anyone know of any US Cycling Tours that offer Gluten Free Meals? Thanks Jack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: