2 replies to this topic

#1 CeciliaCeliac

CeciliaCeliac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

I've read some previous posts and it looks like the jury is out on Starbucks coffee and flavors. Is anyone having a reaction or no reaction to Stabucks?? (Vanilla Latte) I've been gluten free since April and can't figure it out. Bloodwork is still coming out positive and I thought I had checked everthing out!!! I will almost go kicking and screaming if I have to give up Starbucks!! Ok, Ok...I know....I could give up the vanilla and just have the latte with sugar? Thanks everyone.....

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Wolicki

Wolicki

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:22 AM

I've read some previous posts and it looks like the jury is out on Starbucks coffee and flavors. Is anyone having a reaction or no reaction to Stabucks?? (Vanilla Latte) I've been gluten free since April and can't figure it out. Bloodwork is still coming out positive and I thought I had checked everthing out!!! I will almost go kicking and screaming if I have to give up Starbucks!! Ok, Ok...I know....I could give up the vanilla and just have the latte with sugar? Thanks everyone.....

The vanilla syrup does not contain gluten, but the vanilla powder in the little shakers next to the he risk of straws does. I guess the risk of cc is high at STarbucks. I drink a sugar free vanilla iced coffee with soy every day witn no problems, but with hot drinks, all they really do is wipe down the spout thing with a towel. Perhaps you could switch to a cold drink? I live in CA, so we drink cold all year. If you're in a cold place,the only suggestion I would have would be to go in during a slow time and ask them to clean the heck out of those spouts with boiling water before making your drink. I hope you can figure out a way to make it work! I think that would be the last straw if I had to give up Starbucks too.
Gluten free is not so bad! If you are new, hang it there, it gets easier!

#3 LadyCyclist87

LadyCyclist87

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:39 PM

I'm gluten-free and I don't have a reaction to Starbucks lattes. But then again, I usually just get the regular flavor with soy milk -- not the vanilla. Maybe try the regular flavor? Also, consider that you may be intolerant to dairy products.
Blessings ~

LadyCyclist87

Your three most important things in life: health, love, and faith.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: