5 replies to this topic

#1 momofcdson

momofcdson

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:29 AM

Anyone know of a gluten free bakery that makes birthday cakes in the Metro Detroit area?
My mother-in-law is turning 80 in December, and I would love to surprise her with a gluten free cake.
She has not been diagnosed with Celiac, but went on the gluten free diet to help her stomach issues. She has been dealing with IBS for 25 years.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 new to gluten free

new to gluten free

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:33 AM

I went to google and searched "gluten free bakery minnesota" and got a couple of results...I am sure you could try the same thing for your area :)

#3 momofcdson

momofcdson

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:47 AM

I went to google and searched "gluten free bakery minnesota" and got a couple of results...I am sure you could try the same thing for your area :)

Thank you. I will try.

#4 jststric

jststric

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:03 AM

not sure about cakes, but I do know there is a gluten-free bakery (breads) in Plymouth. I don't recall the name, tho. Sorry. It's in the little downtown area just off the square. You might ask about cakes.

#5 momofcdson

momofcdson

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:04 AM

not sure about cakes, but I do know there is a gluten-free bakery (breads) in Plymouth. I don't recall the name, tho. Sorry. It's in the little downtown area just off the square. You might ask about cakes.

Thank you! Just placed an order. Mary Demmings Cake Shoppe

#6 celiackitcat

celiackitcat

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:29 AM

I have one suggestion but I haven't personally tried it yet as it was closed when I was down that way. Sugar Kisses in Berkley. I've heard a lot of good things about the products (they do both gluten free and vegan). I know they require 48 hours notice for speciality cakes and they are not open on Sundays (which was unfortunate because that is when I tried to stop by). I would definitely go in and make sure that they have a good grasp on the CC issue but from those I know that have tried it, it is amazing.

And if you are in that area, the Berkley Bristo & Cafe (not sure if the name has changed again) is there and they have gluten free breakfasts (great omelets) and serve gluten free bread that is to die for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: