• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 11111

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:04 AM

I am new to this site. My husband gets gulten now and then. Usually from eating out or at friend's houses. His mood gets bad and he is the nicest person I know. If he gets gulten now and then would a ezyme help to get him back on track? If so what ezyme? What supplements does he need? He also seems to have trouble with yeast. He has been on a gulten diet for 3 years. He likes to have a drink on the weekends but what can he drink?

thanks for your time

Nancy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:06 AM

Well enzymes, probiotics, and liquid vitamins will help BUT you can't stop a reaction. A reaction has to run its course but you can help your body fight. He has to be very diligent in following the diet and accidents happen but its a problem when they happen frequently.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#3 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:03 AM

Once you start noticing a reaction, it means that the proteins have hit the intestinal system. Enzymes after the fact - to try to digest the gluten protein - aren't going to do a lot of good, because the chemical reactions have already started happening. (Of course, if he wants to try them to make it easier to digest other things as his body recovers, that's an option.)

It's important, however, to identify the cause of these reactions and eliminate them. Perhaps educating your friends, perhaps having them to your place instead, but getting frequent gluten accidents (even at the rate of one a month or so) increases his risk for anemia, osteoporosis, lymphoma, intestinal cancers, and so forth.

Other than that, time is the only thing that will get him out of it. (I get a bit nasty when glutened too!)
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: