Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Breadmaker Vs. Regular Breadmaker

3 posts in this topic

I'm planning an X-mas gift for my ma and want to give her something useful. Whenever we make gluten-free bread it's all lumpy and shapeless and kinda hard to make sandwiches with. So I was looking into getting a breadmaker, I figured it would make it easier...anyways, I was just wondering, is there really a difference between gluten free breadmakers and just getting a regular ass breadmaker? I mean, is it better to get a gluten free one since its gluten free bread? Or does it really not matter and have similar results?

Ads by Google:

I can only tell you that I tried a couple of vertical bread makers and found I did not get a loaf I was really happy with (using Pamela's). I splurged and bought me a Zo and I love it, it makes a horizontal loaf and seems to mix it better and smoother.

Good Luck.

Regular breadmakers usually have just one paddle for starters. Some of the newer ones now make a normal loaf of bread ie: BreadmakerII.

For gluten free bread one needs a workhorse of a motor , one that will not blow-up after a few uses. I love the zojrushi & it makes wonderful gluten-free bread. It is worth every penny. It is an investment & something I don't care to replace every year or so...so I chose the zo. I've had it for six years & use it often .

You can find the zo for around $200.00 give or take but again an investment that pays for itself over time...

hth