2 replies to this topic

#1 nauseatingnancy

nauseatingnancy

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:28 PM

I'm planning an X-mas gift for my ma and want to give her something useful. Whenever we make gluten-free bread it's all lumpy and shapeless and kinda hard to make sandwiches with. So I was looking into getting a breadmaker, I figured it would make it easier...anyways, I was just wondering, is there really a difference between gluten free breadmakers and just getting a regular ass breadmaker? I mean, is it better to get a gluten free one since its gluten free bread? Or does it really not matter and have similar results?
The superior doctor prevents sickness; The mediocre doctor attends to impending sickness; The inferior doctor treats actual sickness

God heals and the doctor takes the fee.

We all live in a house on fire, no fire department to call; no way out, just the upstairs window to look out of while the fire burns the house down with us trapped, locked in it.

We are all sentenced to solitary confinement inside our own skins, for life.

I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am. I am. I am.

Dying is an art, like everything else. I do it exceptionally well. I do it so it feels like hell. I do it so it feels real. I guess you could say I've a call.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lcbannon

lcbannon

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:47 PM

I can only tell you that I tried a couple of vertical bread makers and found I did not get a loaf I was really happy with (using Pamela's). I splurged and bought me a Zo and I love it, it makes a horizontal loaf and seems to mix it better and smoother.

Good Luck.

#3 mamaw

mamaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:51 AM

Regular breadmakers usually have just one paddle for starters. Some of the newer ones now make a normal loaf of bread ie: BreadmakerII.
For gluten free bread one needs a workhorse of a motor , one that will not blow-up after a few uses. I love the zojrushi & it makes wonderful gluten-free bread. It is worth every penny. It is an investment & something I don't care to replace every year or so...so I chose the zo. I've had it for six years & use it often .
You can find the zo for around $200.00 give or take but again an investment that pays for itself over time...
hth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: